chapter 5

billie 🍀
im bored

della 💫
don't have any songs to write?

billie 🍀
well im supposed to be writing for this one person but i really have no inspo

della 💫
ik u can't tell me any details but what genre is it?

billie 🍀
it's a metal song and i have to channel my inner pain and shit
like im ready but when i hurt i really hurt you know?

della 💫
yeah i understand, do you wanna write with me on the phone?

*incoming facetime call from billie*

"hey," billie greeted me with a sweet smile. her hair was tied loosely in a bun and she had on an oversized shirt. she was sitting outside somewhere and had a notebook in her hands.

"hey bil, you have any ideas so far?" i asked, leaning my head on my hands. she nodded.

"im thinking something like, you fill my life with your pain, my tears of blood have been washed away at the mercy of your hands, it's either silence or your laugh-ter. but that last part would start the next sentence." she read through them carefully.

i admired her writing and the way she held her pen and book gently. "that's so good, i would listen to it." i said and she smiled, shaking her head. "it's shit." she said with a pout.

she looked down and smiled, rushing to pick something up. "hi peaches! hi baby!" she lifted a huge orange dog into her lap, petting her gently. "this is my brothers dog, peaches, she's super cute." she said, her smile wide.

she feels so comfortable.

"she's so cute bil. ugh please come kidnap me you look like you're in heaven." i said and she laughed. "im just in my brothers backyard." she rolled her eyes and tilted the camera, showing me a perfectly upkept pool.

"okay so kidnap me anyways." i joked, "on my way in my white van." she laughed. she looked back to her notebook and hummed an ideal melody. she sung softly and sighed.

"i have an idea for the song but it might not be good" i said and her eyes lit up. "no no, tell me." she said and i picked at my fingers nervously.

"okay so, it's either your silence or your laugh-ter, im wondering if that's all you're after, and then it's like some little adlibs that go like my pain." i tried to explain and she smiled.

"mhm, keep doing del, this is great so far." she said, scribbling on the page.

"so im thinking something with some super hard guitar and the lyrics go, im drained, your face reminds me of all the times i screamed your name. you're okay and im doubting every thought that crosses my brain." i explained.

"jesus christ, this is so good della." she scribbled. "and why are you in architecture again? you should be famous or something."

"girl, you should see my floor plans. now if i could fucking start school and graduate already then i could make big money." i whined, laying my head on my arms.

"come to ucla." she pouted. "im lonely." she gave me puppy dog eyes.

"sounds nice," i teased her. "think about it delly."

"im always thinking bil."

"then stop thinking, wanna play 21 questions?" she asked and i scoffed. "what are we in? high school?" i asked and she smiled, "you go first."

"what's your favorite food?" i started with the most basic question.

"burritos, anything spicy, peanut butter, cookies." she listed off and looked to the side before looking back at me with her eyes wide. "oh! peanut butter cookies! yeahhh," her smile got even bigger.

"peanuts are really not it-" i started but she cut me off. "why are we friends again?" she asked, her face looking offended. "because im hot." i said with a smile.

"true." i laughed and searched her face for some type of playfulness but it was serious, making my jaw drop. "bil!" i exclaimed and she broke into laughter. "im kidding, im kidding! your personality is nice as hell."

"yeah okay," i side eyed her. "your turn."

she looked to the side in thought, "umm, when's your birthday?" "january 18th." she gasped.
"a month away from mine!" i laughed at her excited eyes.

"don't tell me you're an aquarius." i deadpanned.

she screwed up her face in disgust, "bitch absolutely not."

"what, jason?" i sighed at my uncle. he stared at me with cold eyes from the kitchen counter.

"watch your tone, della," he started and walked around the counter slowly. i rolled my eyes at his intimidation act. "where's my money?" he asked through his teeth.

i looked him in his eyes and sneered, "im not selling your shit. i already told you." he shook his head and laughed quietly to himself. i barely had time to react when his hand flew up to my neck and he backed me up into the wall.

"you stupid fucking bitch. you're living in my home, you're not paying an ounce of rent. you're a fucking freeloader. you're lucky that this is the job i gave you, i could've put you on the corner and told you to make me some money." he whispered in my ear.

my small frame shook with anger but i took a deep breath. "and i would slit your throat in your sleep." i whispered back. he reached his hand up and slapped me across the face, something i was used to from him. my head didn't even move, i didn't even blink.

"make your choice and make it quick." he backed away from me and reached for a duffle bag on the floor, pulling out bags of weed.

"i'll set it." i gritted through my teeth. "i don't know what you did with the shit i gave you last time, but make sure you have all my money." he said as he shoved the potent bags into my chest.

i smirked and turned around, "i smoked that shit."