chapter 7

bzzz

bzzz

bzzz

*incoming facetime call from billie 🍀*

at 6 a fucking m?

"hey delly." her raspy voice answered. "what's up bil? it's 6 am." i complained and laid my head back down on the pillow, half asleep. "oh im sorry, do you wanna go back to sleep?" she asked, sniffling.

"no it's okay, did something happen?" i asked, knowing she sounded more sad than usual. "i um- had a nightmare." she said quietly. "wanna talk about it?"

"i got hit by a train. like someone pushed me. and i was on the tracks and while the train was coming, the person was laughing hysterically and i couldn't see their face. and when the train ran over me, i felt it all. i felt like i was being completely crushed and it was so hard for me to wake up i felt like something was pressing on my lungs." she almost whispered. "i just feel so weird."

"that's a terrible dream billie, im sorry. but why did it affect you so much?" i asked curiously, watching the sun rise peek through my blinds.

"im terrified of pain. i hate it so much." she rasped, shuffling in her bed. "i wish i could hug you." is all i said and she whispered a, "yeah."

"delly if we ever meet, i hope i live up to your expectations. im sorry if im too fat or not as pretty or annoying." she said, her voice gloomy. "you could never disappoint me billie. you're one of my closest friends at this point. i don't even have an expectation for you, you're just my billie."

"your billie?"

"you heard me." i said.

"you're gonna make me cry." she said, voice watery. "emotional ass," i snickered and she laughed, screaming at the end of it.

"you wanna fall asleep on the phone with me?" she asked and i nodded, "yeah sure."

"goodnight delly, thank you for listening to me."

"goodnight bil."

"i had a dream, i got everything i wanted. not what you think, and if im being honest im sure it was a nightmare. kinda thought they might care." i heard a voice sing. is that billie? when my eyes opened, i saw billie writing in a notebook with her hoodie on.

she hummed some more before i decided to let her know that i was awake. "your voice is beautiful, bil" i said and she jumped. "jesus christ, you scared me." she said with a laugh.

"sorry, you woke me up and i thought i was in heaven." i joked, wiping my eyes. "you look beautiful when you wake up." she said with adoring eyes.

"and you look beautiful all the time. did you sleep at all?" i replied with a smile. "i got a couple of hours but i woke up like an hour or two ago because shark wanted to come in." she said and i nodded.

"and he shit in my fucking shoe." she said with a sigh and i covered my mouth, laughing. she looked back up, bewildered that i was laughing. "it's not funny! they were expensive!" she said and i laughed even harder.