chapter 6

della 💫
fart face
shit head
farty breath

billie 🍀
nice names
what do u want?

della 💫
ouchie, i called u nice names and that's how you treat me?

billie 🍀
im having a bad day

i immediately pressed the facetime button. she picked up after 2 rings and her face looked exhausted. she eyed me silently, her usual crystal orbs stained red.

"billie." is all i said with a frown. "what happened? are you okay?" i held my phone like it was her face.

"no, i-" she started but her voice choked up. her eyes brimmed with tears and she sighed, looking up. "im being a little bitch sorry." her voice watery.

"no you're good, keep going." i reassured her and repositioned myself on the couch. i turned down the tv so i could hear her better.

"okay so this is basically my fault but i took on a country song and i knew it's hard for me to do that genre because the songs are so basic and romantic. i- basically i turned in a song that i worked on for so so long." she paused to sob.

she covered her face and her shoulders shook with tears.

"im sorry, they took my song and told me it was terrible and they told me everything that was wrong with it but then, they- they oh my god. they used it. they completely used it and it's my fault because i never signed the release.

once they had the song in their hands it was theirs but i thought they fucking hated it. and now guess what, my names not attached to it and i didn't earn anything. i needed that fucking money." she got loud towards the end, sighing in defeat.

she wiped her face and looked to the side, obviously embarrassed.

"there has to be some kind of legal action you can take for that." is all i said, not really knowing how to deal with her crying.

"i can't afford that shit." she mumbled and shook her head. my heart ached for her. i just wanna hug her right now.

"im sorry billie, that's some fucked up shit. they should've at least paid you." i said the last part with a dry laugh and she nodded in agreement.

"im sorry for being a bitch baby." she said with a small smile. "you're all good, i would be the same way if that happened to me." i said with sympathy.

not true. i would probably just call my brother and he'd handle things but..

"anyways, what's up with you?" she asked and i shrugged. "im thinking about everything these days. i think ucla is gonna be my choice. i have enough money saved up and i gotta get far away from here, man."

her eyes lit up and her smile got wider. "seriously?" she almost yelled. "im thinking about it." i teased.

"delly. you have to." she deadpanned.

"billie. im thinking about it." i matched her energy and she rolled her eyes.

"if you come here, move in with me." she offered and i rolled my eyes.