chapter 12

i eyed billie down in the back of the uber, watching her type furiously on her phone. i had my legs draped over her lap and my back pressed against the car door.

it was weird, it's like we've been friends forever when in reality it's only been like 2 or 3 months. her energy is warm and i feel like i can be myself around her... whoever the hell that is.

it's around 7 pm and we're going to her brother's studio on the lower east side. her californian ass decided that she was too scared to take the train at night. what she doesn't know is that im strapped and trigger happy.

"sorry, i was just making sure they were gonna let us in. the security is so fucking stupid there. also, i hate studios they're so dark and closed in." she ranted and i can't help but think that the idea of studios freaked her out.

"are you claustrophobic?" i asked her and she nodded. "yeah and they feel like the walls are gonna close in. but i need some inspo for this song im writing and i look everywhere for a muse," she said and i nodded.

"even though i have one right here." she touched my thigh softly and i smiled shyly, immediately feeling my cheeks heat up. i shook my head slightly before intertwining our fingers. "you're too much."

"yeah and you like it." this bitch fully has me blushing like???

we finally pulled up to the studio and when we entered, the security started to search billie. she seemed to be used to this and held up her arms, letting the lady pat her down. immediately and naturally, i started to panic.

the heavy metal weapon suddenly felt even heavier in the back of my jeans. i debated running, pretending i have to shit and also literally just dipping in about 30 seconds.

billie stood to the side as the lady called me up. "any weapons ma'am?" she asked and i looked at her and then to billie, billie pausing and looking up when i had a delayed response.

"in the back of my pants," i said, not trying to cause any trouble because it wasn't necessary. she lifted up my oversized shirt, revealing my glock but billie definitely couldn't see it from where she was standing. "you're supposed to have this in a holder." the lady said and i nodded, feeling myself grow impatient.

"i was in a rush this morning." i lie-joked. "you have a license for this?"

"of course." i said, starting to get agitated and she eyed me. "meg, chill. she's with me. and i don't see you ever grill anyone else like this." billie said, walking over and tugging my shirt down.

"make sure it doesn't happen again." the meg woman said and billie grabbed my hand pulling me to room. "she's such a fucking bitch i swear. she acts like she owns the place and her stupid ass isn't even 5 feet tall thinking she can grill people like that." billie grumbled, shaking her head angrily.

when she opened the door, finneas stood up, a huge smile on his face. he pulled his sister into a hug in which she gracefully reciprocated. "i literally saw you earlier doofus." she teased, causing him to roll his eyes. "yeah yeah, shut u- oh hello." he paused mid-sentence when he saw me. "hi, im della." i introduced myself and he reached his hand out.

i shook it firmly and he grimaced, "ouch, you're strong." he shook his hand and i laughed nervously side-eyeing billie. this ginger ass pale ass man better not get her mad at me. "it wasn't even that hard."

and just like that, his in pain facade dropped and he smiled again."im just kidding you." he said and i blank-faced him, severely annoyed already. i felt a hand on my forearm and i snapped my head to see billie, "him and his lame-ass jokes." she rolled her eyes and pulled me to one of the couches.