chapter 11

one month later

billie 🍀

my life has been so fucking hectic i don't even know what's going on. it was like one day no one cared about me and now everyone wants an interview with me.

let me explain,

finneas decided to put a little snippet of us singing on his insta story and it fucking blew up. like it's a whole new sound on tiktok that everyone's using.

because he's pretty underground, it's not all that serious but ive been popping into his interviews and doing photo shoots. also im definitely much better at songwriting than singing i don't wanna be famous.

wmag took the sexiest pictures of me but the set director literally said to me, "it's too bad you're 5'4, you could've been the perfect runway model." like okay? ouch.

anyways, somehow i found myself going on a vacation, (which i absolutely could not have afforded a month ago) to new york city. and yes it's about della, imma admit that but as far as everyone else knows, it's to see finn preform.

best part is, she doesn't even know im coming. and i have absolutely no plan. like im dead just here freeballing. and this whole thing could go to shit because she's been really stressed about her college application and the money for it so she could just not wanna see me.

i sighed, slouching in my seat. "finn, you got that package where i can call right?" i asked him and he nodded, almost ignoring me, too immersed in his move. "give me the password ," i hit his shoulder and he threw me the card.

alright then.

first class definitely has its perks. i immediately hit the call button for della and a voice answered. "hi billieeee." the girl said and my brows furrowed. "hi? where's della?"

"this is jaylin, her sister." i sighed in relief at that. but when the hell did she have a sister? "and she's in the shower, i just had to hear from this billie myself. it's deadass billie this and billie that." she said and i laughed. "well thanks for letting me know im special."

"oop- your voice. now i get it but lemme stop. what did you need?" she's too funny. "im actually literally about to land in nyc and della doesn't know yet. i wanna surprise her so it's perfect that you picked up."

"you wanna see her like today?"

"yeah, im not here for long." i said and she hummed. "she doesn't really like surprises but let me think for a sec."

"oh! i can take her out to eat and you can meet us there and sit down at the table and it'll be like a book, hella cute." she said and i mentally thanked everything above that she's being so nice.

"that sounds perfect. you have my number so you can just text me the address. and please tell the hostess that im coming so she'll take me to the table." i said and jaylin agreed.

"thank you so much." i told her and she told me it was only because della "likes" me.

after hanging up, finneas bumped my shoulder with a smirk on his face. "della, huh?" he put an almond in his mouth, still smirking. "i knew this wasn't all about me. im a little hurt but like finally you're getting some."

"shut up, it's usually all about you but yeah and we're just friends so for right now, there's no "getting some"." i said and he shook his head in disappointment.

"traveling to ny just for her seems a little," he flicked his wrist, "to me don't you think?" we both broke out in laughter, getting shushed by others on the plane. "listen, she's fine as fuck." i held my hands up, showing him selfies that she's sent me.