°Chapter 19°

Yay! Thank you all for over 20k reads! I also wanted to say that my friend is doing just fine and now she is getting the help she deserves. The 20k views means a lot to me as I'm not that confident when it comes to sharing things that I've done. I appreciate every single one of you that comments, reads and votes very dearly. So I really do hope you enjoy this chapter as it's a milestone not just for me but for you all reading too! ⚠️Mentions the F-slur⚠️
...................................................................................................................................

Y/n POV

I was dreaming, dreaming about how things were when my dad was around, how things were better then. I want to be just like my dad but things stop me, more personal things.

Flashback/dream- 13 years old.

The stares as I entered that new classroom, everyone's eyes darting towards me like needles. I just wanted to crawl back into my bed, not leave or come out. However it was my bad that turned the tides on my decision.
"If you can go to this new school, and forget what happened at your last one you'll be fine. Remember my  words Y/n." I looked up at my dad's ginger-ish beard. "Roll like the tides, each wave contains a different memory."

That gave me the biggest release of courage I'd ever felt. I'd introduced myself and things went steady, but not for long though.

Flashback- 15 years old.

2 years from starting that new school, I'd figured out things about myself, I felt tendencies towards guys. I remembered the day clearly, when my secret was revealed. I was sitting with my friends in our usual place, right by the riverside. I told them how I felt, they seemed ok with it but some of them gave a strange look.
Later that evening my phone buzzed loudly, checking my socials I noticed a rather bad picture of me with the words 'Fag-head' were written over my head, tears welled in my eyes as I realised what went wrong. I sat up in my bed and cried. Just then there was another ping. I looked at it and saw one of my so called friends saying how I should get conversion therapy and go to church. Another one, from one of  'those' girls.
"Faggy, faggy, fag, fag!" She shouted through the voice message. Picking up my phone I threw it across the room with strength.

The next day everyone laughed at me, one of the guys came up to me and shouted.
"Don't try and look at me in the locker rooms, gay boy." Something turned in me, what my dad had said, 'Roll like the tides'.
"Why would anyone want to look at your body? You look like a fucking buff chicken on steroids!" I laughed.
"I'd watch your tongue if I were you fag-head." He grabbed onto my arm and his hand flew towards my face.

End of flashback/dream.

I woke up with a fright, it was the middle of the night and I couldn't sleep, the others weren't in the beds, it was suspicious but I didn't care. I slowly got up and left the cabin. Walking to the lake I sat on the wooden quay, looking up at the stars, the moon and the deep night sky. Feelings of dread washed over me, I couldn't stop myself from crying, silently.

..........................................................................................................................................
Alright, hey. I'm so fucking pissed off. YouTube is being an absolute bitch to me, I can't get the camp buddy video up because it's age restricted, and because I'm underage I can't show my ID, and I'm too broke to buy the game. So I'm stumped, I'll either have to find another source or make it up or start where I can, but unfortunately, if this continues this book might have to be discontinued. I'm sorry for leaving this on such a negative note, hope you enjoyed tho.
-potato
Word count: 664