Epilogue 1 - The Bases Are Loaded

The Bases are Loaded

Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder today. Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam.

-The Impressive Clergyman, The Princess Bride

Humming happily to herself, Mei sat in front of the mirror as Hari combed her hair.

"Well, today's the day. Are you excited?" Hari asked. This was exactly the 17th time that day that Hari had said this. Mei tried very hard not to be upset with Hari, as she was obviously very happy and excited for Mei. Even if it was annoying.

"Yes, it is time. Even if Izuku made us wait all the way until now," Mei said. "At last, we will finally have a home run." Then Mei let out a squawk as the comb jerked. "Hari! That hurt!"

"Sorry, sorry, it's just...seriously? You're still...you haven't? Even once?" Hari asked, peering at Mei's reflection in the mirror.

"Well yes. It was very important to Izuku that he not be like Mr. Hisashi." Mei refused to call him Mr. Midoriya, or dad, or anything else. She did not like Mr. Hisashi, because he was mean to Izuku, even if he was trying to be nice now so Mei would try to be nice.

"Well that explains how you're the only one without a plus one," Hari muttered.

That did not make sense to Mei at all. "I thought Izuku was my plus one? That is what the invitation said, you may have a plus one, which is for boyfriends and girlfriends, yes?"

"Mei, I mean you're the only one without a kid. I mean seriously. I've already got two and you can tell we're not stopping there," Hari told her. Mei could not, in fact, tell, as Hari had only told her a few days ago she was having another baby.

"Just because Izuku and me make super cute babies that are different does not mean that we do not have them," Mei sniffed. "We made one just last week, and we will have more soon. I told him we should spend our honeymoon on the moon but he said he does not like flying in space so we will have to have it here."

"Only you would call a spacecraft a super cute baby, sis," Hari chuckled, setting down the brush. "There. You'll have to let Toru do your hair, you know I'm bad at it."

"Do I have to?" Mei asked, frowning. "My hair is just fine right now." And it was, though she had let it get longer than usual. Izuku said he liked long hair, which was very strange, because his hair was now very short. But then again Mei did not have to wear a helmet all the time so maybe that was why.

"Well it's your party, but Toru's gonna be really sad if you don't let her make you extra pretty," Hari laughed.

Mei sighed. "Yes, fine, they can make my hair pretty. I am sure Izuku will like it."

Hari stuck her fingers in her mouth and whistled loudly. "She said yes girls!"

"Oh my gosh, Mei, you look so cute!" Toru cried as she burst into the room. It was easy to tell it was her now, because you could actually see her. Izuku and Mei had made her a super cute baby that turned off her quirk, so now she was only invisible some of the time. Apparently, that had also meant that Toru was now obsessed with fancy hairdos, which made no sense to Mei, as most of the time you could not see them.

"Here, hold her, will you?" Toru said, handing baby Haia to Hari. "Be careful, I just fed her and she hasn't burped yet."

"Sure thing," Hari agreed, then sniffed at the baby who was cooing to herself. She made a face. "Ugh, someone needs to be changed. Toru, how the heck do you manage with the tail?"