The Millstone

Beta'd by kylekatarn77 and Poliamida

57. The Millstone

Wrath is no vice when it is inflicted upon the deserving.

-Akroma, Angel of Wrath

Bakugo looked down at the sleeping man. He looked almost beatific, sleeping the sleep of the innocent. Which was a damned lie. Fuhai Wairo was one of the crookedest cops alive.

"You sure about this?" Bakugo growled. He'd done it before, but still. It was a line to cross.

"He is the one," Mei's voice answered over the radio. "He knows where Isuku is. Izuku's arm is gone, I can't find him that way. Make the bad man talk, Katsuki. Make him tell us where Izuku is."

"I've got Midnight distracted still. You're in the clear," Shinso's voice added.

Bakugo looked to Uraraka, who was looking a bit green around the gills. She'd been floating Wairo's car for the past 20 minutes. She'd not hurled once. God she was hot. But this wasn't the time for that.

"Let him down," Bakugo said, his fingers twitching.

"Release!"

The car slammed down into the pavement of the back alley, causing Wairo to jerk awake with a start.

"-what? Midnight? Where'd she-"

Bakugo used an explosion to rip the door off the car and bodily hauled Wairo out of the car, flipping him over his shoulder and slamming him onto the broken pavement of the back lot they were in. The older man let out a cry of pain, and Bakugo immediately punched him in the gut.

"Start talking!" Bakugo roared.

"The hell is wrong with you," Wairo gasped. He looked up, daze. "Who are-wait, the Demon of Battle? The hell is wrong with you! You're a hero, and I'm a cop! We're on the same-"

Bakugo kicked the man in the gonads. Not too hard, he didn't want to kill him, yet, but hard enough to shut him up.

"You're no more a cop than I am a real hero," Bakugo hissed. "You know my name, I see. The Demon of Battle. Well. I'm your own personal devil now. Because man, you done messed up. And now I'm pissed."

"What...what is this?" Wairo gasped, curling up in a fetal position. "Why are you doing this?"

"He's not talking," Bakugo said, stepping back. "Come on. You get a turn, then I waste the bastard."

Uraraka stepped forward, taking out a combat knife from a holster on her leg, testing the blade on her finger and drawing a drop of blood. "Fine. I suppose it is your turn, anyway."

"What?" Wairo gasped. "You haven't even-why are you doing this? You're both heroes!"

"And you work for the yakuza," Uraraka said grimly. She knelt by Wairo, lowering the knife until it was poised above his nose, and his eyes crossed. "I think I should start with the nose. Soft tissues are easier to cut."

"No, start with the ears. You cut off his nose, and he'll have a harder time talking," Bakugo advised.

"That's true," Uraraka agreed, and she reached out, grabbing Wairo's ear, hard. "I'll start here."

"WAIT!" Wairo squealed, and immediately wet himself. "I don't even-what are you talking about? Who was kidnapped?"

"You know, you son of a bitch," Bakugo snarled, crouching on Wairo's other side. "Your boss, Kai Chisaki, the man called Overhaul, kidnapped Izuku Midoriya. And you're just the first bastard we tracked down."