The Folly of Youth

Beta'd and edited by kylekatarn77 and Poliamida

The Folly of Youth

Do your duty as you see it, and damn the consequences.

-George Patton

For a long moment, no one spoke. Then, swallowing, Izuku stepped forward. "Hari, we're going to go and rescue Mei. We've discovered where she's being kept. So...so we're going to break into the League's hideout, and get her out. No matter what."

"There will be a minimum of violence or fighting," Iida hastily added.

Bakugo snorted. "Says you."

"Hari, please, we can do this," Izuku pleaded. "Don't try to-"

"Izuku I know you miss Mei but it's going to be alright," Hari said very loudly, making a cutting motion with her hand towards Izuku. "Hey Togata I think I found the kids."

"You did?" Togata walked out from the garden wall, grinning brightly. "Midoriya! Shinso! Glad to see you're alright!"

"What the hell are you doing here?" Bakugo demanded, whirling to face Togata. "If you think-"

"He thinks that you are all deep in mourning, and has come to reassure you," Hari said, stepping forward and elbowing Bakugo in the gut. "So quit being a rude little shit and shut up before you ruin everything."

Bakugo growled, but glanced at Hari, then at Togata, and slowly stood, not saying a word.

Togata seemed to find the byplay hilarious, and laughed loudly. "Well, I'm glad to see you all in such good spirits! We already saw Akai. She's going to be just fine, the doctors say she's stable now!"

"Thats...that's very good to hear," Iida said carefully. "We...weren't expecting you, Togata. Why are you here?"

"To let Midoriya know that Hatsume is going to be alright!" Togata declared, slapping Izuku on the shoulder. "That information that Shinso gave the police was very useful! They'll soon know right where the League of Villains is hiding, and then we'll move in!"

"You're going to help? Aren't you just an intern now?" Todoroki demanded.

Togata hestated, then grinned. "Well, I suppose I won't be seeing much action! But, Gran Torino and All Might are in on the operation and are bringing me along! As an observer, naturally."

"How'd you meet Hari?" Izuku asked, still slightly confused.

"He um, saw me bringing flowers for you, Midoriya. I thought...well, from what your mother said I thought you were on death's door or something. My parents...well, they're not doing too well right now, as you can imagine. So...so I came to see you. Get your spirits up," Hari explained.

A lump formed in Izuku's throat. "Thanks. I'm...I'm sorry I couldn't save Mei."

"Don't be," Hari said, stepping over to grip Izuku's hand. "It'll be alright."

"Don't sweat it, Midoriya," Togata said. "We'll handle things. I know how you must worry. But Hatsume means a lot to me, and to, well, a lot of people. We'll get her back. I promise."

"So the police are moving on the address I sent them already?" Shinso asked, sounding relieved. "You're moving in tonight?"

"Well, I can't discuss timelines. Just, well, you'll have to wait and see. But we'll move in when we're ready. The League of Villains will never see us coming!" Togata declared, giving Shinso a wide smile. "So don't fret, Shinso!"