Chapter 10

--HARRY'S POINT OF VIEW--

Of course. Of course when she was actually was not pissed at me for two seconds the phone rang. Of course when I was making a "move" on Drew the phone rang. Of course the one time we were about to kiss after the agonizing week the bloody phone just had to ring! She walked past me and ran down the hall to answer the phone leaving me kitchen. Through the awkward silence I could hear her adorable country accent begin to start talking and I took it upon myself to just walk back into her bedroom.

The hallway was darkened and had little light except for the open bedroom door exposing the outside light. Her room was all the way at the end of the short hallway on the right side and as I approached the door her voice was becoming louder. I stepped into the  doorway to see Drew standing with her back to me still talking on the phone. Just by the tone of her voice she seemed upset and almost angry with whoever was on the other line.

"Yeah,bye.." She whispered hanging up her phone and dropping it on her bed.

After dropping her phone she stood in silence fiddling with the hem of her shirt. I wanted to comfort her. I wanted to show her that I really did care about her but I couldn't get the right words to say.

"Drew.. are you okay?" I asked watching her jump at the sound of my voice.

She answered in a quiet tone looking down at the floor. "Yeah, I'm fine..great even."

I knew she was lying. I know I had only known her for not to long but I could easily tell when she was lying.

"Well if there is anything you want to talk about, you can tell me." I replied with a sincere tone in my voice.

When what I said registered in her mind she looked up from the floor back up at me. It looked as if she was holding back tears. It was like no one had ever cared for her.  I know that sounds crazy that no one could care about someone as sweet and as beautiful as Drew, but it seemed that was the truth behind her tears.

"Thank you, Harry." She said giving a half almost fake smile.

"Well...there is one thing. I was just thinking I would take you up on that offer. If your still willing to take me on that date, I would be more than happy to go with you, Harry." She said smiling but still fiddling with her large shirt hem. 

I was taken back. From the time I met Drew I had the impression she actually kind of hated me all until she kissed me. I had remembered, YES. She had kissed me. I mean before the kiss I had the impression she hated me but I know 100% after the kiss she hated me all until this moment.

"Really?" I replied back to her almost in a high pitched tone.

"Yeah. I mean I have nothing planned for tonight and you asked so..yeah really." She said smiling a smile that could never be faked.

When she smiled for real this time I remembered how much I had actually missed her smile. Every time I had seen her after that night she hadn't even attempted to smile until that moment. She was beautiful when she smiled and I loved to see her smile. I hated to see her hurt and it killed me because I knew I was the reason why she was so hurt.

"Well. I guess I'll get ready then." She explained.

"Oh, okay. I'll just, UM wait here then." I said looking around her room and finding a couch next to the door.

"Okay. I'm gonna take a shower really fast. So don't touch anything." She said walking towards the bathroom raising her eyebrow.

I gave a breathless laugh shaking my head and watched Drew disappear as she closed the bathroom door. I sat on the coach in silence until the shower started up. I sat staring at the wall over her bed out of shear boredom and listened to the sound of the pounding water. It was probably 5 minutes until I stood up from the coach wanting  to find something else to do but sit there so I decided to look at the pictures that were scattered across her dresser.