Chapter 2

--DREW'S POINT OF VIEW--

I opened my eyes and my ears began to pop. Harley lifted her head off mine and my eyes met her bright green orbs and could see the sleep slowly wearing off. Her fingers folded and she gently brushed over the bruise causing me to wince. I could see the confusion on her face and then she realized at that moment why I was wincing.

" Drew! What the hell happened last night when you left the party?" She practically yelled into my ears

" Nothing, Um I fell last night in the gravel on my way home. You know to much to drink." I told her raising my left arm to remove hair from my eye.

She looked directly at my wrist and with fury in hey eyes she pretty much yanked my arm in front of my face. " Look, does this look like you fell, there are freakin finger marks in the bruise! Why do you want to lie to me, WAIT! Marcus did this didn't he. I'm going to kill him!"

I shook my head " No Harley, it's okay just forgive and forget. It will be okay, and I'm far away from him now." I helf back tears as the lie came from my mouth,

The rest of the plane ride was incredibly awkward but it slowly diminished as we get closer the Paris. As we landed the jitters and excitement set in! I couldn't contain myself any longer and I just lost it. Harley and I sat in our seats acting like we were 13 years old again, and every eye was on us just glaring in annoyance. We just simply laughed it off.

Watching the sights go by was like nothing I could have ever dreamt. A  country girl from Indiana driving through the streets of Paris, France was only a distant wish that I wanted to come true. I looked into the distance and saw the Eiffel tower standing against the sunset in all of its beauty. I smiled at the images that zipped past as the taxi drove toward the train station.

As we boarded the train my heart jumped out of my chest with excitement, and I held Harley's hand as tightly as I could. The continuous change from light to dark made my migraine feel worse, but I was in Europe, who cares. Finally all the light in my life as gone, literally. (Our train was traveling under the English sound, and there was no light.)

"Get up, Drew were in London." Harley whispered and I could hear the country twang in her voice.

Harley and I grabbed our luggage from the over head compartments and made our way into the world famous Kings Cross Train Station. I was in awe at the beauty of it all and as I stared to the ceiling my mind was absolutely occupied. I forgot I was walking and in that one  minute I hit a brick wall. I fell down on the hard tiled floor and dropped my 30 pound suitcase on my cowboy boot covered foot. The (wall) I had run into landed on top of me crushing me to the floor.

"OH MY GOD, I am so sorry!" A deep English accent said to me as I regained consciousness from the fall.

I looked up and saw the face of the boy that was still laying on top of me. His perfectly glowing skin caught my attention. I looked up into his piercing, almost glowing green eyes and saw my own reflection starring back at me. He slowly got up shaking his head out of confusion as he realized he was still on top of my body, he took my hand in his large one and pulled me up. His hair was in perfect curls all over and it lied in all different directions not  in one place. In my confusion I realized that a piece of my long brown hair had gotten stuck in the chain of his necklace. He gently look it in his large hands and pulled it ever so lightly out of the chain giving a sly smile. I could feel the embarrassment setting in.

" HA, your fine. It was my fault anyway I wasn't watching where I was going, sorry." I told him looking at my boots and brushing my front off.

I smiled at him to break the awkward silence and he just stared back at me with a half witty smile. What he was trying to do with a smile like that was something every guy back home tried to do, and I could tell right away. Harley was standing beside me snickering along with 4 other boys that I assumed were his group of friends.