Chapter 12

--DREW'S POINT OF VIEW--

Why would I ask him that? How could I be so stupid? I squeezed my eyes shut tightly and bit my lower lip, afraid of what Harry's reaction might be.

I opened my eyes too see Harry standing back up on the porch and smiling cheekily at me. My stomach fluttered at the sight of his gorgeous smile. Why did this guy give me the feelings I always wanted to reject?

"Of course." He said in a hushed tone and winked.

I smiled and nodded in his direction and turned finally unlocking the front door. We stepped inside the darkened living room and immediately I was comforted by the warm air. I flicked the light on to see Harry still standing by the door looking kind of uncomfortable.

"You can come in." I said with a laugh and a smile.

He smiled back at me and made his way over to where I was standing in the middle of the living room. He stood over me still smiling showing off the row of straight white teeth in his mouth and uncontrollably I was biting my lower lip. I could feel my cheeks getting hotter as he moved even closer to where I was standing. I was motionless. It seemed every alone moment Harry and I shared was always filled with his attempts to kiss me and me pushing him away avoiding the kiss.

"Harry, no." I said shying away from his touch.

After looking back at him. His face was covered with emotions of almost sadness.

"I'm sorry it's not that I don't want to kiss you. It's just.." I said trailing off the end of my sentence.

His head shot up at my response.

"It's just what? It's just that you don't like me or you don't want to be with me, which is it Drew?" He questioned.

I thought about the questions he was asking...and thought.

"No Harry it's neither! I'm afraid.. I'm afraid of getting hurt all over again. I'm afraid to fall for you the way I did for my last boyfriend and get my heart broken again. Every person I have ever loved has hurt me beyond repair. My dad died and left and I never got to say goodbye, my brother joined the Military for one reason. He did it for me and my family, and he's gone too. I can't kiss you and think that I may like you when I don't know what the future may hold or if you will leave me like they did. Harry I..." I said in almost a fury but getting cut off at the last minute by Harry's lips crashing into mine.

The kiss was hard and passionate, and it took me only a second to adjust. It seemed our lips moved in what to me was perfect sync, and I could feel myself loosing any will I had anymore. In return I kissed him back almost with as much passion as he had kissed me with. A soothing feeling rushed over me as I felt Harry's hand supporting my back and the other roaming through my hair on my neck.

My hands became lost in his curls as the kiss deepened and in the heat of the moment I slowly back Harry against the wall that was behind him. All I could hear through the silence of the room was the heaving breathing that was exchanged between the two of us. Harry was the first to pull back from the kiss and a part of me wanted him not too.

"Drew, I want you to know I would never leave you if you would just give me a chance. A chance to be yours and maybe I could show you how you should have been treated a long time ago." He said in a whisper as he pushed his forehead to mine.

I looked up into his eyes still with my arms around his neck and my forehead pressed against his.

"Harry, I think I might take you up on that offer." I replied with a smile and a kiss on his soft lips.

I laced my fingers with his and looked up into his vibrant green irises. "So...Do you want to just...hang out?" I asked him.

"I'd love to." He informed me with a light smile, pulling me down the hall into my room. I walked in and sat Indian-style on my bed, patting the spot next to me lightly. Harry came over, sitting down with a slight chuckle, leaving my stomach full of fluttering sensations that I couldn't deny any longer.