Chapter 13

--HARLEY'S POINT OF VIEW--

" I haven't been going to school for the past week and a half."

The words burned as they left my mouth. Drew needed to know the truth, and I felt like a total bitch after waiting all this time to tell her.

"What do you mean you haven't been going to school? What happened, Harley!" She questioned as her dark brown eyes scanned over my face with fury.

"I haven't been going to school because I got kicked out!" The words left my lips without any repercussion in mind.

Drew's mouth fell open accompanied with a sudden gasp. I looked to her sides to see her fist balled up as if she was planning on hitting me, and to be completely honest she had every right to.

"What the fuck are you talking about, Harley? How did you get kicked out?" She asked with such anger in her voice.

I took a shaky breath before exhaling. "I got kicked out because of the very reason your pissed at me. I went to a couple of parties and missed out on to many assignments, and um...something else happened..."

"What?" She asked

"Well I showed up at one of my classes drunk." I stated biting down on my bottom lip.

Her expression changed immediately and any other time I had ever seen her mad didn't even compare to this.

"Are you fucking kidding me Harley!? We were supposed to be doing this together. Me and YOU! I didn't move half way across the world to live alone in an apartment and go to school alone!" Drew stated as tears filled her eyes.

I reached for her hand to try to comfort her in any way I could, but she jerked away.

"We still can. It will just be different." I said trying my best to make this situation better than it was.

"No Harley. No it won't be the same because your not staying here because your going home back to Indiana. I'm not going to be your babysitter because I have better priorities." She said gritting her teeth.

"Oh! I'm sure... Better priorities. Like fucking your new "boyfriend" because I know that's all you care about now, you slut." I exclaimed putting the obvious air quotes around boyfriend.

Her head jerked back in my direction and I could see her reddened face staring me down and at that moment I knew.

Right as the words left my lips her hand swung up from her side making painful contact with my face. I hadn't even realized the full extent of pain that was rushing over me until I felt the warm feeling of blood on my lips.

"How can you say I'm the slut.. Maybe you should rethink that statement or have you forgotten you had sex with my ex boyfriend while I was dating him!" She screamed.

She took a moment to gather her thoughts and looked back up straight into my eyes.

"Harley I want you to call your mom right now and you can forget about ever being considered my best friend. I'm done with you and these dumb ass games I've had to deal with since we were kids. You've dug your grave and now you've got to lie in it." She said turning to walk back down the hall to her bedroom.

I had just ruined everything I had ever loved in my life in just one minute. My future. My chances of happiness. But most of all my best friend. I had lost my best friend that I had grown up with. I lost my best friend that I told every secret to, the girl who was there when me when my first boyfriend broke my heart, the girl who held my hair on the worst of all drunken nights as I threw up every thing but my memories, the girl who put up with every ounce of bull shit I dealt out, and out of everything she was the girl who made me smile no matter how dark my days were when hers were 50 times worse.