32 | secret

a/n: new cover because 40?? thousand?? thank you!!

oh, and this one's a lil spicy ;)

*

I woke up hungry.

Scratch that, starving.

That was the first thing my brain registered before my surroundings. I sat up and took in the large room I'd been asleep in. The lighting was dimmed, but I could still make out the extravagant beauty that was the living space.

The curtains were slightly parted and they billowed, letting in a soft stream of moonlight. I curled into a ball and peered around the room for any indication of Finn, but he was nowhere in sight.

Right on cue I heard flushing sounds, then he emerged through a door. He paused mid-step when his eyes found me. I could barely make out his features in the dark, but I could feel the intensity of his attention on me.

"You're awake."

"Where are we?"

"A hotel in Paris. You were out cold last night and I didn't want to disturb your sleep, so I carried you here."

My mouth parted, trying to imagine him hauling me from the airport to this hotel.

"You what?"

He chuckled, a deep, rich melody. "Relax, it wasn't any work at all. Felt like carrying an elephant." There was a mischievous tilt on his lips.

I rolled my eyes at him as hard as I could. How long had I even slept? He walked close to the bed with an amused smile playing on his lips. I tried not to look at him. Clad in nothing but pajama trousers with his chest bare, that proved to be an impossible task.

"What time is it?"

"4:21."

My hands flew up to my hair. I was still in my red dress, albeit rumpled.

"I slept all through the evening and morning?"

"France is six hours ahead. You weren't asleep for that long."

Of course, I thought. "Oh."

He got into the bed and drew the covers over his body but his figure was sat upright as he began tapping on his phone, the light from the screen reflecting his sharp features.

"You need the rest anyway. Today is going to be a long day."

"I feel like I should be scared about that."

"Don't be. My meeting is not until noon tomorrow so today is completely dedicated to us and you enjoying your time off."

My stomach lurched.

"I'm starving, Finn. I can barely understand the words coming out of your mouth right now."

"There's food on the dining table. A lot of them should have gone cold by now, though."

I couldn't think of anything else as my mind focused on getting from point A to B, point B being where the food was. With much difficulty, I untangled myself from the sheets, huffing out a frustrated breath when Finn's laughter was all I could hear.

I flipped him off as I left the room, relying solely on my instincts to guide me through the complicated labyrinth that was this place.

Everywhere outside the room was brightly lit, and I marveled at the interior of the hallways. Framed art hung on the wall, and I paused for a bit to marvel at them.