37 | chance

warning...?: if you've gotten to this point you should be well acquainted with this limbo LOL but I'll keep putting these up anyway

mild stuff here

I hadn't done any overthinking after all. The sleep was instantaneous the moment my head hit the pillow. I mean, why wouldn't it be? This bed was a dream to be in.

I got up and pushed my feet into a pair of slippers. With the help of a switch, the thick cream curtains that encompassed a third of the walls withdrew to usher in sunlight and a wonderful view of the city through the floor to ceiling windows. The city was still hazy in the crack of dawn.

I exited the bedroom into the hallway, wandering around in exploration. Finn's door was still shut and I resisted the urge to peek in. There was a third door at the end of the hallway, probably another bedroom. It was a lot of living space for someone who lived alone and didn't let just anybody into his home.

My stomach gnawed painfully, calling my attention to my lack of nutrition in the last day. I made a beeline for the kitchen, descending the spotless white marble stairs. There wasn't a speck of dust in any surface around. Everything shone, glistened and was most definitely cold.

One look in Finn's fridge brought to my remembrance that he didn't— couldn't— cook and so it was filled with nothing more than bottles of water, orange juice, a pack of cherries, chocolate and his unsurprising stash of Nutella. Oh, boy.

I scanned the large kitchen, pulling cupboards open and peering into drawers. All empty. All there was were state of the art cooking appliances, most of which I could bet top dollar had never been made use of.

I turned around to the sound of shuffling and was met with the presence of Finn. He was still in his clothes from last night, minus the shirt. I didn't mind. At all.

"Good morning. Sleep well?" He padded towards me, a hand slipping around my waists while the other worked the coffee machine.

"Very. Did you?"

"The best in a while. I think it has something to do with you around." He pressed his lips to my head, lingering for a moment while I revelled in the tranquil feeling of his body pressed up against mine. It took a lot in me to resist wrapping my arms around him.

"Probably does."

He pulled away and studied my face. "Definitely," he finally said.

The coffee machine beeped and Finn dispensed a mug, handing it to me. Gratefully, I encased the insulated cup in my palms and watched him pour one for himself. With all the time in the world, he sniffed at his cup, savouring the scent before bringing his mouth to the rim. How could one make drinking coffee look so sensuous? I suddenly felt very jealous of the cup.

Do I have a fever?

I cleared my throat. "How exactly do you feed, Finn?"

His brows furrowed in confusion for a beat, then he smirked. "Oh. That."

I rolled my eyes and set the cup down on the granite oasis so I could pull myself up. Finn's attention shifted to my thighs that were exposed after my dress rode up. I reclaimed the cup, pretending like I didn't notice.

"I'm serious. Not even cereal? Five minute noodles?"

He stared at me in incredulity like I was a conspiracy theorist ranting about pyramids and aliens. "Five minute what? God, no. I pay for food from the service. This building has three renowned five star chefs whipping culinary masterpieces everyday. I do not eat five minute noodles."