08 | thrill

"Sienna and I are spending the weekend at a friend's cabin by the coast. She wants to know if you'd like to come."

I turned to Nate and gave him an incredulous look. He was behind the wheel, driving me to go pick up my car.

"You want me to be a third wheeler? No, thanks."

Nate smirked, a smug expression on his face. "That's on you. Yusuf, the guy who owns the cabin wouldn't mind at all. We'd have fun."

"If I knew this conversation was going to be aimed at harassing me for being single, I would have never told you to drive me." I grinded out in disdain.

Nate chuckled. "I'm more or less the only family you have in this city and your well being is my responsibility."

"Rub it in gently, please."

The car came to a stop and I took a deep breath. I've been dreading and putting off coming here. It meant I would have to see Finn again, and after the little stunt he pulled yesterday I didn't think I'll be able to turn away next time. He was so damn confusing, cold one minute and hot the next.

"What are thinking about? I'll go with you, I want to meet the guy too."

I shook my head at his suggestion. "No, it's okay. I'll see you later."

I pushed the door open and stepped out, closing it behind and waving at Nate as he pulled away. The sky had transformed into a myriad of colour; faint purples and pink as the day slowly faded into night.

I took the elevator up to the last floor and Maggie told me to wait at the reception area because Finn was busy at the moment. Ten minutes later his door came open and a stubby man marched out, a briefcase in his hand and a tall lady following closely behind. A good thirty minutes passed after.

"You can go in now." Maggie said to me.

I smiled to her in response, feeling relieved more than anything. I twisted the knob of the door and pushed it, stepping into the office.

Finn wasn't the only one in. A red haired man was seated opposite him, his eyes widening behind a pair of glasses when they saw me.

He got up immediately and approached me, a brilliant grin appearing on his face.

"Oh, damn, you're an angel. I actually thought you'd be a huge, burly guy with two many tattoos and a hunger for blood." I blinked in confusion as he held my hands. He noted my expression and chuckled. "I'm Elliot, the guy who hit your car the other day. I was drunk as fuck, by the way."

He was good-looking. I came to the realisation that everybody in Finn's world was. I wish I had Elliot's charm. And blue eyes. Mine were blue-grey, but his were so blue like the ocean.

"Nice to meet you, Elliot. I'm Amanda." I smiled, taking his hand in a handshake. My eyes shifted to Finn who was still seated at his table, watching us carefully.

"Oh, I know who you are, you're all Finn talks about."

Finn growled and got up from his seat, his masculine figure approaching us as his long legs ate up the floor in a few strides.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me after him towards the door.

"Hey, what the hell?" I yelped after him, trying to pull my hand from his firm grip but failing miserably. There was no getting out of this one.

"Good luck, Amanda. I have a feeling we'll be seeing more often than not." Elliot said as he stood behind with a mischievous smile that told me he knew something that I didn't.