48 | together

I didn't know what to feel as Finn Harris pulled me down the hallway of one of his office floors, but my heart was beating like a hummingbird's on steroids.

I looked behind me, trying to catch the eye of one of the guards who stood by a corner. He was as unresponsive as a brick. I brought my eyes back to Finn, whose only view I had was that of his suit clad back and messy waves.

"Where are we going?"

My question was met with silence. I pulled my hand from his grasp but his grip only went firmer. I was just about to start wriggling and shouting when he stopped, pushed a door open and pulled me in after him. In a flash the door shut and my back met with the hard surface. And then Finn was kissing me. It all happened so fast that I stilled, eyes wide open.

His hand slid into my hair and wrapped around the back of my head, pulling me further into the kiss. My eyes fluttered shut and my body went lax, giving in. He kissed with a fervent need, teasing the seams of my lips and I let out a moan when his tongue made contact with mine.

All too soon, he pulled away. Slowly, I opened my eyes. He had on a rueful smile that made me a little sad.

"I missed you. I missed you so bad it took everything in me not to kiss you when I saw you last night. And it hurt too." His palm cupped my cheek, thumb gently stroking my bottom lip. "You're the only person that has ever had my heart. And I don't want it back. Ever."

The thought made me giggle. He smiled when I did. "How will you live without a heart?"

He gave me an unimpressed look. It made me laugh harder. We both knew he had mine, too. And I also had no plans of having it back.

"I was scared you'd never come back. I thought you decided I was wasn't worth it. I couldn't sleep, Amanda. Every night—"

I pulled him in and pressed my lips on his, running my hands over his face, fading off the creases these past weeks of sadness had caused him. It made me feel a whole lot better.

I drew away and smiled at him. "I'm here, Finn."

"I made the mistake of letting you go once. I'm never letting it happen again." He whispered. His phone rang in his pocket and he slid it out, grimacing deeply at the screen.

"What is it?"

"It's Elliot. He said now is not the time to fuck and make up. We have a flight to catch."

I felt my face redden furiously. "Oh my God, he thinks we're..."

Finn fell into a fit of laughter. I never realized how much I'd missed the sound until now, rich and full of life. This could be my alarm. Waking up to this would improve my quality of life by a thousand percent.

"Elliot loves to give me shit, especially when it comes to you. Although I wouldn't mind if we did fuck." His hand met with my ass and squeezed, pulling me to meet his growing boner.

I yelped, going even redder—if that was even possible. "Finn!"

He buried his mouth into my neck as his laughter intensified. "I love it when your face goes all red. It's a fucking turn on."

"Come on, be serious. They're all waiting for you. You're really travelling out of the country?"

He pulled back and stood straight while his hands drew circles at the small of my back. "Yeah, we've got a few things to do in Sydney."

"How long will you be gone for?"

"Five days." He noticed the dismayed look on my face and tucked a stray lock of hair behind my ear. "I know, just when I have you back and want to do so many things to you." He took his bottom lip in between his teeth as his eyes raked me down. I felt a familiar pressure build down there. The thought was thrilling more than ever.