49 | hot

it's been a smut-less run so far. we're back in business :D

With my back pressed against the door and my arms clinging around his neck for support, I let Finn show me just how much he'd missed me. His mouth was frantic as he kissed me, his tongue desperate like he had limited time with me. I matched his pace, making no effort to hide the excitement I felt.

Abruptly, he paused and glanced at my windows that overlooked the sunset over Manhattan and the neighbouring apartments. He looked back at me.

I bit my lip. "I just got curtains. You can help me put them up."

"I can't wait that long."

"Wait?"

"To get you naked."

And there went the butterflies again.

My lips curled up in a smirk. "I don't know, I'm a bit of an exhibitionist myself," I said teasingly.

He scowled. "I don't want them to see."

"Why not?"

"Because you're for my eyes only, and I don't intend on sharing. Ever."

I grinned. He pushed himself harder against me, letting me feel how bad he was having it. His eyes were scorching so I let my gaze fall and nodded. "Your place?"

"Please."

He put me down and backed a few feet away. I made my way across the room. "Give me a sec let me pack a bag."

I disappeared into my new room and hastily grabbed an empty duffel bag. I went through several boxes and filled it with essentials and a few change of clothes. With my laptop bag slung over my shoulder, I returned to the living room.

Finn was by the oasis eyeing the box of donuts. He lifted the lid and I saw his tongue dart out to lick his lip. I dropped my bag on the floor and he looked up, throwing the lid back close.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Yeah."

He moved closer and took the bag from my grasp. He exited and I grabbed the box of donuts before locking up. When I caught up with him, he already had my things stowed away in the back seat and had the car door open for me. Gripping the box with both hands, I shot him an appreciate smile and got in.

The ride up the penthouse elevator was quiet. This was my first time back here in weeks and it was like nothing changed in those weeks. Like I hadn't ridden up wet and lacking the ability to feel after I met with River and learnt the truth about Finn and Elizabeth, or ridden it down with all my things packed and with plans to never return. But here I was, a mix of nervous and excited, with the man I planned never to forgive.

Here I was.

I wondered what was going through his head. Maybe he was recalling everything too, perhaps he even as anxious as I was. I risked it and stole a sidelong glance at him. He returned it, and I found it impossible to look away. He didn't smile, neither did he frown or utter a word. But his silence weighed more than any words could, calm green eyes staring deeply into mine. I liked it though- the way he made me feel like the single most important person in the world, just being with him.

We both didn't break the stare until the elevator stopped and the doors pried open. Eventually I tore my gaze away and walked to the front door. He stayed close and watched me type in the passcode. The lock beeped and came open.

It felt nice to be back here, properly. I'd lived in three different places in two months, from my former apartment to the penthouse to Nate's and I was about to occupy somewhere new. It was comforting being somewhere I'd grown used to.