17 | tell

By the time Finn stopped the car, the sky was inky black and the stars were out above. We'd passed a security checkpoint where Finn flashed the uniformed men a card before they let us through. We were atop a hill on the wide expanse of an exclusive club.

The surrounding was dense with trees and bushes, the vehicle's headlights the only source of illumination aside the moon.

"What are we doing here?"

"Watching the stars." He said and got out as I did the same. "No cliff jumping here. No pools. Just harmless stargazing."

He shrugged off his jacket and tugged on his tie, then undid a couple buttons of his shirt, revealing a peek of his beautifully toned chest. His hand ran through his hair, sending it all over the place while I tried not to stare too hard. Key word being tried. When his head lifted up to me, I held out the bag filled with food and matched his gaze. This seemed pretty innocent enough. Still, I had my fingers crossed he wouldn't be trying any more stunts like he did earlier in the car. With his numerous sexual encounters and impulsive nature, I knew things like that were his cup of tea.

I watched as he jumped on the hood of the car and laid back on the windshield. He turned to me standing idle. "Come on."

I moved to the car and tried to mirror his technique, but it was difficult with the food in my hand and the height of the vehicle, although it was a very low car itself. I dropped the bag and climbed up, but the hood was so smooth and slippery that the lack of friction always made me slide back down.

I laughed at myself on my last try. "I can't."

Finn got down and walked to me. In a flash his hands banded around my thighs and he palmed my ass, earning a shriek from me as he pushed me up on the hood. He smirked and returned to his spot beside me.

"Thanks," I said quietly. He grabbed the bag and pulled out two wrapped sandwiches and sodas.

"I haven't done something like this before. I mean, I've been here once, but not with anyone, eating sandwiches." He chuckled, taking a huge bite of his.

"You're welcome," I said smugly and took a smaller bite of mine. I was happy I could be a part of a first with him.

There was silence that stretched on for the next few seconds before he piped up again."Not bad," he said with a stuffed mouth.

I frowned at him. "Don't talk with a filled mouth, you slob. That's gross." I teased, nudging him lightly. He turned to me and gestured at his mouth.

"You've got a little something there."

I wiped my lips with a scrunched up napkin. His eyes remained on me, then he shook his head.

"Didn't quite get it," using his right hand, his thumb wiped at the side of my lip delicately. Then, he lifted the same finger up to his mouth. And sucked on it.

When his hand lingered in his mouth, I looked away. Then asked a question I'd been meaning to ask.

"What's your family like?"

Finn's brows drew together slightly, the shadow of a frown playing on his face. Did he find the topic uncomfortable? He was never eager to talk about his mum or brother, and together they exchanged words like strangers.

He did not say anything for the next five minutes. I thought he wasn't going to answer when I heard him let out a deep exhale.

"Nobody knows about this except my family," he paused. My head snapped to his direction and I saw his throat work as he swallowed. "Octavia is not my real mother. And River is my stepbrother."