14 | addicting

I stared at Finn disbelievingly, figuring he was playing an awful prank and he'd call himself out on it.

But he didn't. His car was still running, the air in the vehicle thick with tension and his scalding gaze entirely on me.

"You really want to know what she said?" I asked, the anger and frustration bubbling over, "she told me she's had sex with you. Now take me the fuck back!"

"Why are you so bothered?" He asked, his demeanor an unsettlingly calm. His eyes were darker with a streetlight casting a shadow on his beautiful face.

I fumbled, my mouth opening then closing, then falling open again. "I am not bothered."

"Then why do you care who I've slept with? We're just friends, aren't we?" His voice was slow and low, gently lulling me. Our heads had come incredibly close, hovering over the center console that separated our seats.

My breathing became shallow, hyper aware of how fast my heart was hammering against my ribcage. I blinked at him, lifting a shoulder in a nonchalant shrug. "I-I just don't like being told about your sex life. Like you said, why would I care?" I threw back, feeling an edge over him. I cocked an eyebrow arrogantly, feeling a tad bit empowered.

He let out a growl and whispered, "because I want you to." And he crashed his lips on mine, knocking the wind out of me. Desire and pleasure overpowered my senses as he kissed me, his lips slow, teasing. His mouth was incredibly wet and sloppy as my tongue made contact with his.

His hands banded around my waists and pulled me closer to his body. I climbed over the console and settled on his thighs, my fingers tangling themselves in his hair. Suddenly I was somebody else-lustful and brave-whenever I kissed him.

He breathed against my mouth, filling me with the sweet aftertaste of vintage wine. "You're all I think about. You drive me so goddamn crazy, Amanda."

And that was another thing that pushed me over the edge-his words. When I bit on his lower lip, a low gutteral moan escaped his mouth and I wanted more. His lips detached from mine and I whimpered at the loss of contact. He didn't miss a beat as he sucked on the sensitive skin on my neck, just below my ear. His large, warm hands felt for my skin underneath my shirt and grazed the material of my bra, eliciting a shiver.

This felt so wrong, but right at the same time. Like being hit by all the force of a freight train, my better judgement returned and painstakingly, I pulled away.

"Finn," I begged. "Please."

He stopped.

When I looked in his eyes, they were hooded and clouded heavily with lust. He looked so aroused that it took all of my will power not to kiss him again.

Why was he so addictive?

He released his hold on me and I climbed back to my seat, body pressed close to the door while my eyes travelled out the tinted windows. We were still both breathing heavily, both still affected by each other.

"I need you to stop, Amanda."

"Stop?" I could barely make out my own voice.

"Whatever you're doing to me."

I swallowed the lump that had lodged itself in my throat. We'd made a deal just days prior that strictly excluded this kind of situation, but on our first encounter since then we were breaking all the rules and promises. Hell, he needed to stop what he was doing to me.

He drove the car back to campus in silence and all I could think about was how his lips tasted, or how good he felt under me. He was like a drug, one that was bad for me but I was unapologetically addicted to.