Getting Acquainted

"Gwen. Trent. Heather. Cody. Lindsay. Beth. Katie. Owen. Leshawna. Justin. Noah. And... (y/n)." Chris assigned you to a team, "From this moment on, you are officially known as... the Screaming Gophers!"

"Yeah! I'm a gopher! Woo!" The bigger guy in the white shirt with a maple leaf on it cheered.

"Wait! What about Sadie!" the short, tan girl who matched outfits with another whined. So, you pinned a name to the person. The chubbier one was Sadie, which would mean this one is Katie. Got it.

"The rest of you, over here. Geoff. Bridgette. DJ. Tyler. Sadie. Izzy. Courtney. Ezekiel. Duncan. Eva, and... Harold. Move, move, move, move!" Chris ignored her, "You guys will officially be known as.. the Killer Bass!"

Sadie protested, "But- Katie's a Gopher! I have to be a Gopher!"

You began to tune them out, as their whiney voices were giving you a headache. You looked around at your team. He was on your team. Sweet. That makes things easier.

You approached him, and gave a friendly smile, "Hi! I'm (y/n)! And you are...?" You inquired.

"I'm Cody, or the Codester~" He said with a wink. You were puzzled by this. The Codester??

"It's nice to meet you, Cody! I hope we can become good friends!" You said. He nodded in return. You noticed he was staring at something, so you followed his gaze. He was staring off at that pretty goth girl from before, who did not look at all pleased to be there.

You decided to approach the girl, and introduce yourself, since she seemed cool, "Hi, I'm (y/n)," you said, before pausing, "Um.. do you know everyone else on the team? I really don't want to introduce myself to everyone.." You admitted with a sign of defeat.

The girl gave a friendly smile, "Hi! I'm Gwen. Yea, I can help you out, don't worry," She said. She pointed to each one, and told you their names. She was being subtle about it, how caring. She seemed like someone who would be a good ally, you thought.

You began to chat with your teammates, still tuning out the two wining girls who were begging Chris to let one of them switch teams.

Chris explained the confessionals as he showed everyone around. He also made sure everyone was aware that they were always being filmed. Always.

~
Confessional
Y/N
"I want to make sure I have good ally's. Friend wise, I think Cody, Gwen, and Leshawna. But, strategy wise I think it would be in my best interest to befriend or at least be on good terms with that Heather chic. She's intimidating. I like that."

~

You all head to your cabins, as per Chris' instructions. The Gophers had the east cabin, the Bass had the west.

"Bunk beds? Isn't this a little... summer camp?" Heather complained, clearly not impressed.

"That's the idea, genius," Gwen rolled her eyes, picking out a bed.

"Ugh! Shut up, weird goth girl!" Heather scoffed, looking away.

"You're so smart.. I feel that," Cody said. You turned to him, a little shocked to see him on the girls' side of the cabin.

"Um... shouldn't you be in the be on the boys' side?" Gwen questioned, a little creeped out from what you could tell.

Cody gave a quick grin, looking at you, and then back to Gwen before he slipped out of the girls' side and back to the boys'. You giggled to yourself. He is cute. You thought.

~

You found yourself, and everyone else, in the dining hall. Everyone seemed to be complaining about the gross looking food, but you decided to keep quiet. Why would you bother? Chef was obviously not going to change what he cooked.

You carried your tray of mysterious white sludge and brown slop and sat next to Cody, in hopes of maybe getting closer with him. You were just about to talk, before you were so rudely interrupted by a loud thwack.

A cleaver was now stuck in the wall, and most of your competition looked frightened.

"Woah! It's cool, G! Brown slop is cool!" The blond guy in the pink button-up said, with a nervous and fearful laugh. Everyone, including you, nodded in agreement.

"Your first challenge begins in one hour!" Chris said, exiting the dining hall.

"Ooooh! What do you think they'll make us do?" Katie said, the excitement clear on your face.

"It's our first challenge! How hard can it be?" DJ said, confident in what he was saying. Everyone seemed to agree.