A Risky Plunge

You began to tremble as you looked over the edge once more. You decided to just say fuck it, and jump off and hope you make it into the safe zone.

You made it. You were glad. You got picked up on a boat and driven to shore, hoping the rest of your teammates were willing to take the plunge. One after another they all jumped in, one looked more like they got thrown though, until..

"I can't do it.. I'm too scared," you heard a familiar lisped voice say, "I'm sorry!" the voice yelled. Cody and Leshawna made chicken noises, and you tried your hardest to hold back your laughter. God, he was cute.

Chris announced that because only one of your team members didn't jump, your team would get an advantage. You tried to remember what they were called. Dolly... cart.. thingies... You thought. This was a huge advantage, because now you wouldn't have to carry all these crates by hand.

The next challenge was to carry these crates back to the campsite and build your own hot-tubs. That should be easy enough.

You walked up to Heather as you pushed your cart, deciding to strike up a conversation, you wanted to stay friendly with all of your teammates, but especially her.

"Hey, I'm (y/n), what's up?" You asked, a casual smile on your face.

Heather was in need of an alliance of idiots who would listen to her orders and help her get to the final three, where she planned to vote them off and win, so she decided to play friendly, "Heyyy! Oh my god I love your bathing suit! So cute" She complimented.

You smiled, "Oh, thank you! Yours is lovely as well! So, I wanted to ask you something.. You seem like you know a lot about the others here. Do you know if.. if Cody is interested in Gwen, or is just a weirdo?" You asked, trying to sound casual.

"He's totally into her, which I don't really understand because she's this weird goth chic... Must have weird taste in girls," Heather scoffed, looking at you without moving her face, "Why? Do you like.. like him?" She snickered.

"Not really, I don't know him that much, he just seems interesting, I guess," You admitted. You were surprised by how friendly she was, especially with how she was glaring at you earlier!

"Aw, well, you could totally do better, but at least you're not going for someone on the other team," Heather grumbled. You smiled and laughed, before going to walk next to Gwen again.

"Talking to Heather, huh?" Gwen asked, raising an eyebrow curiously.

"She's intimidating," you said, "I was just seeing how her personality was like.. I don't want any enemies on this island."

"I get that. So, how's it going with Cody?" Gwen asked, a smug grin coming onto her face.

"How's it going with that girl?" You asked in response, and equally as smug smile creeping up on your face. She laughed in response.

"Not very well, she's pretty uptight.. Always talking about how 'she was a C.I.T.' and how her teammates should listen to her because she has experience," Gwen scratched the back of her head awkwardly, "But it's okay. I can fix her."

You decided to try to talk to Cody, "Hey, man, what's up?" You asked. You bit your lip nervously, hoping you didn't come off any kind of way.

"Yo! Can you see if that girl Gwen is looking at me? I'm trying to look strong so she falls in love with me," Cody said, flexing. You let out a disappointed sigh.

"I mean, if you really want to appear strong for her, why not offer to push her cart for her?" You suggested sarcastically, to which he perked up at.

"That's a good idea! But.. I really don't think I'll be able to do that.." He admitted, and stopped flexing.

"I figured," you said with a slight giggle, "Oh, sorry, that was kind of mean. I'm not sure, there's lots of ways you could make her fall for you," You decided to he helpful, "Like showing you actually care about her and her needs, or just being a decent person," you shrugged.

"She's playing hard to get, I think, but if I try hard enough she's sure to fall for me!" Cody said, "Or I could try to make her jealous!" Cody wrapped an arm around your waist.

You felt your face heat up, "Th-that might actually work," You said. You were savoring this moment, even though you knew it wasn't meant for you.

"Is she looking?" He asked, pulling you closer, "Oh! Wait we're here!"

He let go of you.