Some Words of Advice

"...Oh shit," DJ said, his claim from earlier was very far from accurate.

You found yourself, and all of your fellow teammates and competition at the top off a cliff. You swallowed hard as you looked down. Two rings, a bigger one, and a smaller one floated in the water below you.

You looked to Cody, who was dressed in swim trunks that were coincidentally the same color as his shirts he was wearing earlier. You didn't realize you were staring until he awkwardly waved at you, which broke you from your thoughts. You sighed as you watched him stare at Gwen.

You had barely spoken to him, yet you already find yourself being disappointed that he's interested in another girl. Maybe it's because he's the only guy you find interesting here. The rest all seemed kind of bland or like they're trying so hard to be someone they're not.

Chris began to explain the challenge, saying how each person will have to jump into shark infested water and try to land in the safe zone. Anyone who refuses to do so will earn a chicken hat. The team with the most players who have jumped off wins an advantage in the next challenge. Nobody seemed very thrilled about this crazy challenge.

Luckily for you, the Killer Bass had to go first. You let out a sigh of relief, and decided you would attempt to make some conversation. You decided against talking to Cody first. You didn't want to seem desperate, of course.

Instead, you approached Gwen, "Soooo... you got your eye on anyone yet?" You asked, to which a soft pink glow in her pale skin began to arise.

"Thank Duncan guy seemed cool, but he's kind of douchey. That girl nagging him though.." Gwen began, she was staring right at that tan, rich looking girl from earlier, "Isn't she the cutest?" Gwen said, a smile creeping up on her face.

You let out a sigh of relief seeing as Gwen didn't seem to be at all interested in Cody, "Yeah, she is really pretty. I can see why you're interested. Are you sure she's like... into girls though?" You asked, nudging her a little.

"I'm not sure.. but we'll just have to wait and find out," Gwen said, an optimistic smile still on her face. You looked at her, studying her face. Yea, she was super pretty.

"That's a good way to look at things!" You said, smiling with her, "I mean, personally I think that Cody guy is really cute but I'm not sure.. he seems to be really interested in someone else, y'know?" You sighed a little, hoping she could give you some advice, or at least comfort you.

"Hmm.. I think the best thing you could do in that situation is-" Gwen was interrupted by a high pitched whine.

"But- but- I have to go with Katie! I can't do it without her!" Sadie whined, Katie latching on to her.

"And I can't do it without Sadie!" Katie wailed, as they stared at Chris with pleading eyes.

"I'll switch with her," the girl with fluffy orange hair and a green bathing suit offered.

"Fiiiine," Chris grumbled, "Izzy, welcome to the Screaming Gophers! Katie, welcome to the Killer Bass." Katie and Sadie squealed with excitement, before quickly running and jumping off of the cliff, hand in hand.

"I'm sorry, Gwen, what were you saying?" You asked, looking back towards her. She had a frown on her face, and was clearly annoyed with how loud the pair of best friends was.

"I was saying that the best possible thing you could do in that situation is to keep trying to get close to him, and see if he ends up falling for you, instead. And if he doesn't, he could always get rejected by whoever he's got his eye on," Gwen suggested.

You grinned, "You're right! If he does get rejected by the girl he has his eye on I could help him through that. Then he'll totally like me... right?" You asked Gwen, for reassurance.

Gwen nodded, "Right. Oh, but now it's our turn," Gwen said with a frown.

"Screaming Gophers! You're up! Since two people wanted to chicken out, all you need is eleven out of all thirteen of you to beat them!" Chris exclaimed.

You let out a nervous sigh. Could you do it?