Chapter 12

The door of the office jerked open and Xerxes came in like he owned the space. How can someone look so lethal and beautiful!
He came towards me and hugged me tightly burying his face in my neck.
I was also sniffing his scent to calm me down.
When we pulled slightly apart, Mr. Crawford came forward and bowed his head.
"Your highness." He said to Xerxes. Xerxes nodded in return and pulled back but placed his arm on my shoulders pulling me close.

"What happened?" Xerxes asked looking from Mr. Crawford to me.

"Um.. me and a friend got in a kind of fight and..." I didn't knew what to say.

Xerxes looked towards Mr. Crawford to start explaining the situation.

"Professor Lincoln brought Mr. Kaden and Ms. Crystal to my office saying that these two were fighting in the canteen and Ms. Crystal hit him pretty hardly and yelled at him, this is against the campus protocols. " He explained.

Xerxes stiffened after that.

"Why did you hit him princess?" Xerxes asked me softly.

"He asked me for a date but I refused then he wasn't talking to me , he was a good friend so I feltbad and went to talk to him but he said that I was with you because of your money." I said quietly.
When I met Xerxes' eyes , he looked furious.
I gently caressed his cheek with my hand.

"It's fine , you and me know that it's not true. That is all it matters."

I nodded.

"Mr. Crawford thank you for informing me about Crystal. We would be leaving now."
Xerxes said.

Mr. Crawford bowed slightly.

Then Xavier and I drove to our home. When we reached there he took me to our room and just hugged me while placing me on his lap.
I must tell him about my father.
.
"Xerxes we need to talk about my father."

He placed me beside him and gave me his undivided attention.

Then I told him about my childhood and orpahage and everything else.

"The only person who cared about me was Alex. He would sneek food for me whenever he could, give me a blanket when it was cold. Even when he found his mate, he went to check on me ." I finished.

Xerxes pulled me to him tightly placing kisses to my face.
"I am so proud of you my Princess. You're ao strong to live through that hell and still be so positive. I can't believe a father could give his own daughter to a orphanage. I don't think I would like to meet them." He said.

I nodded lightly.

"By the way , I wanted to discuss something with you babe." I nodded at him giving him indication to continue.

"I was looking for a very trustworthy and reliable person to handle my cyber department and some personal scannings and hackings, so I was considering asking Alex for it if you don't mind." He said. I looked at him in awe and excitement.

"You would actually do that?" I asked him happily.

He smiled at me .
"You trust him so I know that it will be a good decision."

"Oh my god that's amazing Xerxes." I said smiling widely.

**

We went downstairs for dinner and Alex was already seated there.

" Your highness" Alex greeted us.

"Call me Xerxes, Alex" Alex smiled at this and nodded.
"So Alex I wanted to talk to you about something, could you come to my office after dinner?"
Alex looked a bit nervous but nodded anyway.

" So how was your day Alex?" I asked him smiling.

"It was very good and I was feeling happy that I was out somewhere." He replied equally happy.

Looking at him I now realized that indeed he was looking happy much more than yesterday. He looked like old Alex.

Then Xerxes and Alex started talking about the things that I couldn't understand.

After eating, Xerxes and Alex went to his office and I went to theatre room.

After sometime Xerxes came in..

"What is my angel upto?" He asked. I blushed.

"C'mere love, let's watch a movie." I said to him excitedly.
He came towards me and pulled me between his legs that are spread on either side of me. He kissed my hair gently.

"Okay babe let's watch it." He said.

"How did it went with Alex." I asked.

He smiles lightly "He was very excited and said yes to the offer." He told me.

I was feeling very happy as it was always Alex who used to help me but now I was able to pay him back in some way and that is all possible just because of Xerxes.

I leaned my face up and kissed Xerxes, he kissed me back and we started watching the movie. After sometime i dozed off.

******

It was morning and I woke up and Xerxes wasn't there so I showered and went downstairs. Alex was having breakfast with Xerxes and I went to sit beside Xerxes.

"Morning princess." Xerxes greeted me giving me a small peck on lips.

"Mornin'" I replied.

"Good morning Alex" i greeted Alex.

"Mornin' Crys" he smiled at me.

Suddenly Alex dropped his fork on plate and clutched his stomach. He let up a painful whimper. I immediately stood up and went towards him and Xerxes did the same.

Alex managed to reach the couch and was still in pain. Xerxes slightly pulled his t-shirt up to see what was wrong and what I saw made me cry.
Alex had bruises forming on his abdomen.
He was on the verge of crying.

Xerxes came towards me and sat me beside Alex and I didn't knew what to do. Xerxes placed me on his lap and started stroking my back and I took Alex's hand in mine and started to stroke it gently to maybe offer some kind of relief. Xerxes face was also looking sad.

After 30 minutes Alex's pain started to stop. He sat up and looked at me .

"Thank you." He said slowly.

" What happened?" Me and Xerxes asked.

Alex looked broken " whenever Rachel is with someone else, I feel this pain. It usually occurs at night." He finished.

Xerxes looked positively dangerous.
I was feeling sad.

"You experience this every night?" Xerxes asked.

Alex shrugged in response.

Xerxes stood up and placed me beside Alex and took his phone out and went to his office.

"So Xerxes offered me a job." Smiled Alex.

"Yeah he told me you agreed." I smiled back.

" Alex do you know any way to ease this pain?" I asked him.

Alex shook his head in a no.

We talked about random stuff and he went and I went to Xerxes' office.
He was on phone with someone in some other language.
He looked at me and motioned me to sit on his lap. I obeyed and sat there. He hugged me close while talking.
After sometime he was done with the call.

"I can't believe that Alex experience this every night and is still so strong." Xerxes said.
I nodded.

Suddenly Xerxes gave me a sinister smile and i was confused.

" I was asking elders whether cheating on mate is a punishable crime or not but unfortunately it's not so I was thinking of a plan to make his mate realize her mistake." He said.

"How?"

"You told me that you had been invited to your pack at Thursday dinner so go there with Alex and you'll see the best scene unfold." He smiled and then I got the plan.

*********