Chapter 18

Crystal's POV

I told Xerxes everything that happened on phone. We both were taking a bath. He was sitting behind me with both his legs spread on my either side of mine and my head and back was pressed against his chest.

"Do you think that she would accept me Xerxes?" I asked him.

"She loved you Princess. But I have you tell you something else." He said. I hummed.

"You grandfather isn't dead." He said. I frowned.
" You alpha and beta told me that Gamma tried to kill him by drowsing a lot of wolfsbane in his system but the alpha did not wanted to kill him so when Gamma went away. He took you grandfather in the medical centre. Due to so much wolfsbane in his body, he lost a part of his wolf. He couldn't shift anymore but otherwise he was fine but the beta insisted to keep him as a prisoner here in the cells. So he was a prisoner until today. After knowing this , Alex and Blake went to the dungeon and brang him to the packhouse. His condition is not very good but he's alive and will be fine after a week or so and a proper rest and food. But he's asking about his family ever since he was rescued. The doctor gave him some medicines so he's asleep right now.
Look I know princess this is alot to take in. But i am here and always will be here.. the pack is on a lockdown. The alpha and beta are held for trail against all the illegal things they've done so the control of this pack will be shifted to another Pack's alpha for sometime. The innocent members are welcomed to join another packs." He told me and kissed the back of my head.

My grandpa.
"Can I meet my grandpa?" I asked Xerxes.

"Sure but princess he's resting now so we'll go see him in the morning. It's been a long day, you should sleep too." He said. He was right.

___________________________________

It was morning and I was getting ready for the day. Many things are gonna happen and i don't know how to feel. My family. I was gonna meet my family. My mom, grandma and grandpa.

"Good morning princess" Xerxes said coming behind me.

"Morning" i pecked his lips softly.

" You ready to meet your grandfather?" He asked.

"Yeah."

We went towards his room and Xerxes knocked on the door and opened it.
My grandpa was sitting on the bed leaning against the headrest. He was a handsome man. He looked in his late 40s but werewolves age slower than humans so might be older.

"Grandpa?" I asked. He looked towards me. And a look of adoration passed in his eyes.

"Crystal?" He asked.

"I am sorry grandpa that i couldn't save you sooner." I said while holding his hand in my hands.

"It's not your fault. You were very young and nobody knew that I was alive." He assured me. "I still remember the day you were born Crissy. Me and April were so worried about Catherine but when the doctor handed you to us. I still remember how small you were. All wrapped up in a blanket, sleeping soundly. You helped my Catherine to heal." He said with tears in his eyes. He suffered more than anyone and still he's strong. I hugged him tightly and my tears escaped my eyes.

"I love you grandpa." I said.

"I love you too Crissy." He said gently.

"Grandma and mom are coming today." I told him.
A look of pure Love and fear came into his eyes.

"What happened to your father?" He asked. I stiffened. He wasn't my father.

"Let's not talk about this right now." Came Xerxes' voice from behind. When he stepped to stand beside me. My grandpa's eyes widened.

"Y-Your H-Highness." He stuttered.

"No need of formalities Mr. D'mello, we're kind of a family. Call me Xerxes."

"Grandpa, he's my mate." I told him.

He looked at me slightly adoringly and passed a light smile to me.
"Grandma and mom are coming in sometime." I told him.

His eyes glistened at the mention of them.

"I never thought that I'll ever meet them again." He said. This broke my heart.

"They're at the pack borders. Come on princess, Mr. D'mello." Let's head for the meeting hall.

Three of us reached the meeting hall and Xerxes made grandpa sit on the head chair as it was more comfortable. Although grandpa refused many times but he kept insisting.

A royal guard came inside.
"Your highnesses." He bowed. "Miss Catherine D'mello and Mrs. Angelina D'mello are asking for entering." He said.

"Bring them inside please." I told him. He nodded and went outside.

Then the guard came inside with two women.
I instantly knew who they were.
On the left side was my mother, she looked exactly like a older version of me with same hair and features and on the right stood my grandma, she was gorgeous.
My mother's and grandma's eyes were casted downwards but I could feel that they were feeling afraid.

I felt my tears escape from my eyes. Xavier wrapped his arms around my waist in a soothing manner.

________