CHAPTER 3.

XERXES' POV
___________________________________________

I told Jessica to get dressed for the gala tonight and she asked me to pay for her salon visit and a new dress. So right now I am thinking how to tell her to end our arrangement . But just then she came towards me and told me that she's ready .

We walked towards the car and sit inside it . She was wearing a blood red colour gown with a low neckline having her cleavage on display .

"Who is the host of this gala tonight?" She asked me.
"It's Alpha Ibrahim of moon shadow pack" i replied.
"We're attending the gala arranged by werewolves?" She asked in a accustory and haughty manner. I was a little pissed at her tone infront of me.
"Yes. Have a problem?" I asked knowing very well what the answer would be .
"No."
"Good." I finished the conversation.

Just then we reached our destination and driver said "Your highness and Ms. White, we're here" I nodded and started to make my way out as the driver opened Jessica's door and she came to stand by my side. She hooked her hand with mine and we made our way inside towards the halls.

Just as i was passing the halls my lycan was doing wierd things in my head but i just ignored it . I was having a strange sense of calm and a faint smell was itching my nostrils. Huh? Maybe some room freshener or something. Jessica noticed this.
"You okay baby?" She asked while snaking her hand on my shoulder.
"Yes" i said urgently.
But inside i was having a wierd feeling.

When we entered the place where gala was taking place Alpha Ibrahim saw me and came towards me while bowing his head in respect saying " Welcome Your Highness. It's a pleasure you have your presence here." While looking at me in awe.
Lycans are very powerful and primal compared to werewolves . If we want one lycan can easily kill 2-3 packs in a blink of an eye but we are more civilized then killing people for fun.

"Nice to meet you too Alpha Ibrahim." I acknowledged. "This is Ms. Jessica White, My companion." I introduced jessica to him.. He turned his head towards jessica and mumbled a greeting towards her but she just scoffed him.

Then we went inside and I met Thomas , an old ally of mine.
"Your highness!" He bowed in greeting.
"Hello Thomas , how are you?" I asked .
"I met my mate few days ago, your highess. Can i introduce her?" He asked politely and hopefully. I nodded.
"lsabella. Darling come here for a second" he called his mate with a look of love and respect in his eyes. A sweet looking about 5'4 heighted women came towards him and said "Yes honey?" I was kind of jealous to see them . I always longed for a mate to shower my love to and seeing them just made me realize what i won't have.

Thomas turned his gaze towards me and said "Your highness this is Isabella , my mate and Isabella this is Crown Prince Xerxes Leonardo Knight, Prince of all werewolves and lycans." His mate looked towards me in awe and respect and bowed her head a little before saying "It's my pleasure to meet you prince."

I smiled a very little smile and said "Likewise Isabella".
Then Thomas asked me "Your highness? You met your mate?"
I just shook my head but just then Jessica came and put her head on my shoulder and said "baby i was looking for you" .
I just gave her a tight smile. Then. She looked towards Thomas and his mate while scoffing and glaring at Isabella like she is some dirt.
I just said "Nice meeting you both" to Thomas and Isabella and started moving.
As i was moving my lycan started to say something but i just ignored it again.

Jessica met an old lycan acquaintance of her went to talk to him.

I went towards the hallways to take some fresh air and again i smelled that sweet and alluring scent and still it was quite faint.

I steeped outside and just then Alpha Ibrahim came towards me and asked me if i would like to have a tour of his hotel and look at the room prepared for my stay tonight. I just nodded and started walking with him while discussing some rouge problems. As i was walking the smell was getting stronger and when we reached my room alpha opened the door and told me this was mine.

Room was a presidential suite . It had 3 bedrooms with a kitchen and dining room and en-suites. It was impressive.

"Shall we go back downstairs , your highness?" He asked.

"I am calling it a night Ibrahim." I said to him.
As i was already tired of having Jessica hanging onto me infront of everyone there.

"You haven't had anything to eat your highness " he remarked

" I will eat here. I'll call some room service."
I said . The alpha bowed and left the room.

I went to bathroom. Took a quick shower and got dressed in some sweatpants.
Just as i was about to call room service. A bell on the door interuppted me. I opened the door and Jessica came in view.

"Hey baby!" She said. " I was thinking would it be alright if i spend the night with my old friends , Tiffany; Jake and Darius?" I just nodded , i didn't really mind her leaving . She gave me a passionate kiss on lips and said " I'll make it up to you when i get back " she winked at me and left.

___________________________________________