1| Hallelujah

A S T R A E A

Apathy...

Apathy is a lack of feeling, emotion, interest, or concern about something. It is a state of indifference, or the suppression of emotions such as concern, excitement, motivation, or passion.

All I felt since I was a child was pain.

So why not just stop feeling at all?

What's the point of feeling if all you feel is sadness. I can't remember the time where I felt happiness for more than a day. It's truly miserable.

Surely, I am grateful for some people in my life, that made it a little bit better. They made me want to continue fighting. Without them, the darkness would have killed me. And for that I will be eternally thankful for them.

For a seventeen year old teenager, I had certainly went through a lot shit during my life.

I can't wait to fucking leave Los Angeles and go back home to New York. I miss my family. My triplets and I had been living in LA for the past few month after we found in valuable lead on him.

"Miss Astraea," the masculine voice of my professor bought me back to reality said. I look up to see Mr.Woods—my English professor—frustratingly gazing at me.

"I have been calling you for the past few minutes Astraea." He signs, shaking his head "You have been called to the principal office along with your brothers" he explained while narrowing his eyes at me.

I rolled my eyes, took my bag, got up from my seat, and gladly walked out of the classroom. I won't miss hearing about Pride and Prejudice.

I wonder what we did this time, i don't remember doing anything major lately.

We have been warned to stay out of trouble and not draw any unnecessary attention to us so we could keep a low profile. But that was a hard rule to follow since we crave trouble.

As I arrived to the principal's office, I noticed that my triplets—Ares and Atlas— were waiting for me. Without bothering to knock, I liked the door wide opened ad embarked the office.

"Hello Ricky, it's been a while since I have been here. Missed me too much you had to call me here to check up on me?" I greeted the principal, Richard or Ricky, how I pefer to call him.

Yeah, we are on the first-name basis. We're kinda close.

"If I remember correctly you were here two days ago for hospitalazing the school's quarterback" he said amused.

"Not my fault the pervert grabbed my ass"I rolled my eyes. I had been used to boys eye-fucking me but the minute they touch me, I lose my shit. I hate physical contact. But I surely love violence. Look all you want, boys but never touch.

"As much as I missed you three, it wasn't the reason why I called you here today. I have some unfortunate news for you," hehesitantly announced. The hint of amusement that previously laced his tone was now far gone and replaced by a look of pity.

And I fucking hate it.

"Spit it out, Ricky" I impatiently said

"Your adoptive father have overdosed in his house along with your adoptive mother but he sadly didn't make it. Luckily, your adoptive mother, on the other hand, recovered and had been arrested for drug dealing, child neglect, and drug abuse "he informed us, his eyes softening as he waited for our reactions.

Excuse me. What?!

He died and she is going to jail. The people that made our life a living hell.The people that made us feel pain at such a young age.The people that snatched away our innocence from us. The people that made us see the reality of this cruel world. The people that made us believe in real monsters. Not the usual monster that mot kids believe in. Not the ones that hides under your bed at night. The ones that will destroy your soul into a million of pieces.