Chapter 17: Surprises

Time sure flies when you're relaxing. When Heusc returned to his family, they all surrounded him and brought him into a hug. "Oh, honey..." Heusc's mother, Venus, cried out, almost suffocating Heusc. Heusc hugged back, he remembered his old family, tears fell from his face.

He finally let down his wall. Heusc hugged back, closed his eyes, and enjoyed the moments of a family reunion. The next few months he got to know his family more. LIke how KIng Rez always asked for a second opinion whenever a big decision needed to be made, and how this family was fairly close compared to other royal families.

Heusc got the chance to learn more about the language used here. In the past whenever he was reading he never understood the words fully but can at least understand the meaning. Learning about the original Heusc was a problem. He can only ask his family about the hobbies he liked.

It's been a few years since the departure from Obelia, away from the main characters of Who Made Me a princess. During that time he caught up on his other studies, but never did he realize learning a new language was that hard, he also never realized that his home language what that hard. On his tests, he mostly only got a passing grade, not the best, but it's also not the worst. His magical abilities have greatly increased.

He kinda misses them to be honest, but it's for the best. Heusc walked to the library to begin his studying for the day. Opening the door, Heusc looked for the familiar figure, his tutor. He didn't see him. Deciding to be a good student he sat down by the usual table and started to read.

Heusc lost track of time and before he knew it the grandfather clock strikes noon. It's time to eat, but the tutor never came during that time. Just when Heusc was about to get up, the door to the massive library opened. And the tutor was here, holding a letter. Running up to Heusc and handed him the letter.

"My prince, it's a letter from the emperor of Obelia." Heusc looked at the wax stamp to confirm the place. Opening the letter, Heusc got out a piece of paper. And before he knew it, he was standing in front of his father.

"Yes Heusc, you will be going back to the Obelia empire." Emperor Rex said his gaze was soft with a sad look. The empress however is balling her eyes out next to him. Things were packed the next day and it's time to set out.

"Be good, my dear!" The Empress called out waving a piece of white fabric in the air. Heusc waved back through the window. "Oh kids, they grow up so fast."

Heusc was concerned, it's been a few years since he has woken up and left the Obelia empire everything could change. During this time Claude could have met Diana. And the state of the story could be in chaos once he enters the plotline. Heusc looked out the window, into the sunset.

Aaron was sitting across from the Prince. He has changed dramatically during Heusc's slumber. He blamed himself for not being able to protect the prince, whatever the cause of the slumber was, he wasn't able to prevent it. And because of him, Heusc has lost 5 years of his life that he couldn't get back.

Heusc reassured him multiple times that it wasn't his fault, but Aaron still had a little doubt, so he trained and trained, and trained. He would faint from exhaustion, but once awaken, only to start training again. Truly pitiful.

Yin, the dragon Heusc met during his slumber, is now 2x as long as before. He was wrapped around Heusc's arm with his head resting on Heusc's shoulder.

But those two weren't the only ones that changed.

Heusc's understanding of the world has gotten greater. Magic has gotten stronger, and his understanding of himself and his family has gotten greater.

They passed by the same road but this time it was a smooth ride. Before they knew it the gates of the Obelia empire were in view. Going through the same procedure as before, they were let in.

Once again, a guard opened the door to where Clause was. It's almost like the same things were repeating after a few years.

But this time Claude was with his daughter... the protagonist is here.

Heusc felt a little intimidated, from all the other novels he has read, the protagonist was a horrifying being. Someone who can do whatever they want whenever they want without any consequence other than what was in the story. The plot will kill or eliminate anything in the path of the protagonist, there was even a nickname for it, the protagonist holo.

From now on Heusc will never know when he will be watched, targeted, or even killed by that holo.

I'm going to cry from how slow I'm updating this crap. Sorry for the slow updates, school is kicking my butt.

I have made a slight change in the story. Heusc was learning his home language as Obelia's language was similar to the one he spoke before he died.