Chapter 30: Invitation 2

Heusc felt very refreshed that morning, probably from how drained he felt from the burdens he had settled on himself. Although it wasn't the best thought he still tackled the day with a smile. If he was back, he was back, it was time to enjoy the time he's spent back.

It didn't take long for the time to reach lunch. Bidding his goodbye to everyone else, he and Jean walked over to where the cars were parked. When they went to pick up Heusc they used two vehicles only as it was faster and no one was left behind too far too when they'll miss something. But now that they were all a bit freer, a few electric cars were seen parked in the very large garage. Two are gas vehicles for when they have free time or have to drive a very long distance, which wasn't that often but has it nonetheless.

Getting into Jean's electric red car. It was giving off rich vibes. Heusc got onto the passenger's seat and strapped in, the motion almost felt foreign to him seeing how long he wasn't able to do it.

"You're wearing that?"

"What? I doubt it's that serious."

"You know we're going to a five-star restaurant for the meeting right? Did you not at least search it up for where it was yesterday?"

'No, I was busy thinking.' Heusc blinked, so it was a new five-star restaurant they were going to since the name didn't feel familiar to him, not one bit. No wonder Jean was dressed too fancy, how did he not pick up on that?

"*Sigh* I'm taking you shopping, we have extra time, just gotta make it quick" Jean smiled at her captain's little mistake. The two had a good time talking and shopping and got a bit more stuff then they went there for a bit it wasn't too bad. Because they had a tight eye on time they were able to make it to the restaurant just in time.

Heusc was changed into a fancy blazer with dark-colored jeans. It wasn't too eye-catching. Never in his mind did he think a jacket cost so much money. He made average money in the house and everyone combined their wealth to keep the house. It was quite sad that the leader wasn't making much but he had no other talents. He lived and breathed for the military but at least he has something to do if this invitation goes well.

Classical music played as they entered the restaurant. Heusc reminded himself to keep up appearances and elegance. With all the classes he has learned throughout his time in the other world, he now has a sense of eating slowly. The ridiculous time he spent on those classes has paid off in that world and now it's going to do him justice.

"Are you Miss Jean and Sir Heusc?" A man asked, he seemed to be a bodyguard of sorts, asked the two of them as the hostess worker let them in.

"Yes, I'm Jean and he's Heusc." Jean introduced.

"Follow me please." He said and started walking towards the stairs to the second floor.

"How important is this director to the point where a bodyguard is involved?" Heusc asked, he was quite confused about why a bodyguard was needed. Jean shrugged, not finding an answer to Heusc, probably just blaming it on him being famous. Either that or someone else is with them.

They arrived at a room with a circular table in the middle, a middle-aged man sat there, and beside him was a masked man with blond hair. There was a pair of sunglasses placed in front of him. There was an almost god-like aura being emitted by the man.

Heusc froze on the spot as he stared into the man's jewel blue eyes. He just stood there, head suddenly empty and filled with nothing but scenes of him and Claude over the years. Why is he here?

"-lo? Hello?" Jean waved her hands over his eyes. Heusc looked at her, as he could feel the pressure building up. Why the hell was Claude here...? "You alright? You just stood there." Jean said, "Heusc, you don't look so well..."

"Hmm? Oh no, I'm alright." Heusc can feel the panic attack coming over as his breathing starts to quicken. "I'll go use the bathroom." Before anyone could say anything Heusc ran out towards the bathroom to calm down. Jean looked worried at him but pushed it off as he was being weirdly nervous.

Jean sat back down, "Sorry, everything must be overwhelming to him still. Um, may I ask who you may be?" She gestured to the masked man.

"My name is Claude, it's nice to meet you," Claude said as he took off his mask revealing his handsome face to the world.

"This is the male lead for The Commoner is the Prince's Bride, Claude Obelia." The director introduced. Claude was very popular in the entertainment industry. Looked and scouted for his good looks and great acting skills. No wonder there was a bodyguard that escorted them to the room, if it's to her knowledge, there should be a few more around the second floor of the building that they didn't get to see.

"Oh my god!," she clears her throat, "Sorry, I'm Jean, it's good to meet you as well." Jean fangirled on the inside as they continued their conversation after ordering some food. She almost completely forgot about Heusc if not for the fact that the door got knocked on a few times, interrupting them.

"Come in." the director said as Heusc slowly walked in. Jean didn't know why Heusc was acting like that, his eyes were slightly red, an indication that he cried earlier. Was he scared of something or was it stress that got to him?

"You alright?" Jean whispered to him, worry plastered all over her face.

"Sorry for my actions earlier, I was a...well, it's been stressful." With awkward chuckles, they started their discussion once again, slowly eating the food that the tree ordered that arrived one by one.