Chapter 23: ...

When Heusc was back to the castle he finally got to rest. Still feeling a bit sick from what happened he sat on a chair wanting to forget the sickening feeling. He has already drowned 4 cups of tea and it has only faded a little. Sitting at his desk he propped his head against his arms as he slouched over the table.

He was quite bored, but seeing nothing bad was happening to him he could do nothing. A sudden knock was heard on his door as he was about to fall asleep. "Come in." He said, rubbing his eyes.

"Sir, I have news for you." The soldier replied they didn't seem to be a soldier from the Obelia empire, rather the uniform seemed to be from his county. When Heucs heard the news he froze, he couldn't believe it.

"How did that happen?" He tried holding back his tears as his body shook. How can they just leave him here, he was the most trusted person Heusc knows. But he couldn't just force him to come with him again seeing as they wanted to stay back at the castle and train.

"He was killed by an assassin, sir." The soldier replied, shaking from the intense glare Heusc sent him. He felt like he was on death row as each step his prince walked echoed like they were in a dungeon. "The person was likely sent in by Deltavare-"

*Smash*

The soldier flinched as Heusc threw his teacup onto the ground. He knelt onto the ground head lower than before. "How dare they!" A roar shouted throughout the room as another bang was heard, Heusc' fist was bleeding from how hard he smashed his fist into the table. "How did he die?" He spoke anger laced in his voice. An unusual thought flashed through his mind but he could only shake the thought away.

"H-he was found dead near the castle gates. There were many wounds and one fatal wound on his heart, the instrument that was used to kill was to be covered with poison. A fatal one at that..." The soldier reported slowly getting used to Heusc's glare, "We have the murderer in hold, since he is your guard, and or butler, the emperor said you will be in charge of the said criminal. We have brought him here, and per Emperor Claude's request he was placed in a specialized jail."

"What was the poison?" Heusc asked, his nails were digging into his palm making blood run down his hand and drip onto the ground. Blood lust seeped out as Yin also came out, for the first time he felt scared of his owner. Yin knows that he was gone for quite a while but he never thought things would turn out like this.

He was sent here by that damned god inside the tree to keep an eye on this outlander just in case anything got out of control. Heusc has changed plenty of things just by being here not to say he's caught the attention of that servant, Xavier.

"The poison comes from a special type of flower, Velenosa Lorea." A dark look covered Heusc's face as he glared down at the soldier. For the man on the ground, it felt as if the room temperature dropped severely making him shake nonstop.

Velenose Lorea is known as one of the most deadly flowers that ever existed. Its beauty has fooled many people in the world to pick it up when seen until it was found to be poisonous when many people died for unknown reasons. Because of its beauty and deadlines, it was widely sold on the black market for those who wanted to use it or some, who have enough money and the correct conditions will try to mass-produce the flower.

Gardeners tend to treasure this flower as their most prized possession seeing as they are very hard to grow or even be transported to their home without dying on its way. Which most do. The flower grows in freezing temperatures and is only found in the mountain behind Deltavare hiding among the fog of the snow.

The village that was once near the random patches, also the ones who reported the flower, was transported away, where their home conditions were all satisfied seeing as they were the ones who found the gold mine. But due to its nature, the emperor of Deltavare has banned the flower from use in any warfare. All the other empires were notified and all agreed on this law.