Chapter 19: Meeting the protagonist, Athanasia

Heusc walked around the castle thinking about the questions. He notices a little girl hiding behind a pillar not far away from him.

Athanasia wanted to know more about her two saviors, including the fact that she knew nothing about them. But she should still be careful, by the looks of it, the two held much more power than a princess like her could. Plus the fact that Claude seemed to heavily respect the man just proves it.

Heusc heard the little footsteps following him around.

Tap, tap, tap

He smiled knowing who it was.

The princess of the Obelia empire was following him around. "I wonder what that tapping noise is?" Heusc said aloud making sure Athanasia hears him. Right after he said that the tapping stopped.

Athanasia stopped, 'Has he found me, how?!' She thought behind the pillar, she held her hands to her mouth, 'I was so quiet!' Heusc smiled when he heard the small gasp behind the wall.

"Princess, I know you're there," Heusc said with a laughing tone. He has a carefree look on his face but he was panicking on the inside. 'Why is she following me? The plot is already changing. Very well then, there is no going back.'

Heusc turned to look at the pillar where Athanasia was hiding. Athanasia slowly walked into Heusc's view, "Oh! It's you." He said, "You're Claude's daughter right?"

Athanasia's face suddenly turned full of surprise. 'He can say the devil's name without getting killed. He must be an unmentioned character in The lovely princess!' Athanasia examined Heusc from head to toe. Royalty just screams from the way Heusc stands there, so... he must be a prince from another country right?

Athanasia shyly looked up at Heusc, trying to gain favor. Since this person looks close to Claude, maybe she can make him like her, so when the time comes he can stop Claude? Maybe.

"Princess what are you doing following me around?" Heusc asked, tilting his head while kneeling so he could look her in the eyes. Athanasia looked at the ground, "Are you mad?"

Heusc chuckled, "Of course not, Princess. If you don't want to, tell me you don't have to. If you want to get to know me, just talk to me!" He knew that the princess wanted to gain his favors, to survive. But maybe he can use that to his advantage and be a useful part of the plot.

"Can I know your name?" Athanasia shyly asked, she didn't even have to fake it since Heusc was very handsome.

Heusc smiled, "Of course, my name is Heusc, Heusc Endurium Ice. From the Endurium empire. I'm the youngest of the 4 princes." Athanasia now knows more things about Heusc. Heusc looked at how attentive Athanasia was listening at his little introduction and chuckled. "How about you princess?"

Athanasia got even shyer, she slowly spoke, "I'm Princess, Athanasia de Alger Obelia, the only daughter of Daddy. You can call me Anthy..." her voice went quieter as she went on.

Heusc patted her head gently to not ruin anything. "It's okay, you don't have to be shy. I'm friends with your father, and I'm going to be staying here for a month. We can get to know each other during that time, okay?"

"Really?!" Athanasia said excitedly, 'This way I can get him to like me more!'

"Of course." Heusc replied, 'Hopefully the plot doesn't kill me too soon."

"Princess! Princess, where are you!?" suddenly the two heard yelling from afar. She was running around trying to find Athanasia. Heusc looked at her, recognizing her immediately. She was Lily, Athanasia's caretaker since no one was willing to take the job. She was the mother figure in Anthy's life.

"Lily!" Herding Anthy's voice, Lily turned towards their direction immediately. Then ran towards them, "Princess! You should tell me before you run around!" Lily said as she lowered herself to be at eye level with Athanasia.

"Anthy's sorry," Athanasia said tearing up, "Anthy didn't mean to worry Lily." Lily panicked, from beginning to now she didn't notice Heusc. "Anthy was following Mister Heusc around!" And that's when Lily noticed Heusc.

"My apologies, My prince, thank you for taking care of the Princess," Lily said as she bowed down.

"Oh of course, as Claude's friend it's only my job to be a good uncle," Heusc said, as Lily stood up again. As the two walked around, Heusc and Anthy got to know more about each other, more like Anthy getting to know Heusc.

After hanging out for the rest of the day, they needed to separate. Anthy was reluctant at first, but after hearing Heusc promise her that they'll meet up again tomorrow she finally let go of Heusc's pants.

Waving goodbye to each other, the two walked their ways.

Heusc doesn't know what will happen next, the plot has already changed with him here.

From now on, everything will be a surprise, maybe?

I have something to confess,

I was not ready for this many reads on this book, so thank you for that. From the beginning, I never had a plan for this book. I just wanted to write something and this was the result. I can't make up anymore... story, without an actual plan. Because I have no idea what to write next, that's why this chapter took, like a month. I don't know how to progress the relationship with Claude here and my life is becoming a blank.

So... yea