(3) "Moving Encounters"

Moriah Scott

"I think we should think about getting married" Hazel smiled as we waited for the doctor to return back to the room. I glanced up at her for a moment before back down at my phone growing irritated.

"I told you I don't want to be married. You know what else I don't understand? I use condoms every time we've ever fucked and I've never ejaculated any time yet you end up pregnant. Only reason I haven't killed you yet is because of my mama and taking care of you is like charity and some freak accident could of happened" I said causally looking at my phone as her eyes began to tear up.

The doctor entered the room with a clipboard and sat down in front of us. She looked at Hazel crying and then back at me awkwardly.

"Mo can you just leave please" Hazel sniffled and I slowly stood up eying her briefly before leaving out.

Elias was sitting in the waiting room playing with his wedding band. When he saw me exit he stood and followed behind me tossing the ring in the trash.

"Ion know how much longer I can do this shit. Being an adult is hard" he complained scratching the back of his head as we headed to my car.

"Divorce her if she's not willing to change and get joint custody" I shrugged and he sighed as we climbed into the car.

Pulling out my phone I texted the number of one of the security guards I had working for me and told him to come to Hazel's doctors appointment and follow her around.

"We got in a argument last night and she gon tell me Nala ain't even mine. I ask for a DNA test and she start cursing at me calling me stupid and dropping the fact that she smarter than me in my face. It's a never ending feud" he said rubbing his forehead like his headache would magically go away.

"You don't stay with somebody who treats you like shit. You deserve better and just because you have kids with her don't mean you have to stay. It's taking everything in me not to kill her for how she doin you" I confess and he rubbed his chin and nodded.

"Come with my by my crib so I can get my stuff" he said leaning back in the seat. I started the car pulling away from the doctors office.

Another reason why I'd never want to get married, what's the point of being with someone when I was my happiest alone?

Peace and quiet made me happy. I didn't want to have kids they'd just irritate me and I got enough nephews and nieces running around.

When we got to his house Nate was sitting in the front playing alone. Elias cursed under his breath getting out of the car and I followed him as he walked passed his son throwing the front door open.

"Uncle Mo!" He sung running into my leg. A bucket had hung on his head covering the long braids he had that hung to the center of his back.

"What's up?" I asked squatting down to his level and he shrugged showing me the Legos he had out in the front.

"Mommy said daddy wasn't coming back" the seven year old said sadly and I smacked my teeth. You aren't suppose to bring kids into shit it just makes things worse than it already is.

Hearing glass break from inside he jumped. I took a hold of his arm bringing him into the house and closed the front door behind us.

"Go upstairs and pack some toys in a bag" I said shoving him towards the steps and he looked at me before doing what I said.

I rushed into the kitchen and Stephanie was holding the newborn baby in her arms not even supporting her head as she ran around trying to stab Elias.