(36) "Switching Up"

Kaine Turner

"What I wanna know is, why the fuck is the food I buy for my house always almost gone before I can even enjoy it my damn self. Give me my bag of chips bitch!" Ohaji yelled snatching the bag of  cool ranch Doritos from Angelo's hands and my cousin frowned and look at me. I slowly pushed the nacho flavored ones under my shirt while chewing what was in my mouth.

"But I'm hungry O and I can't cook. The chef only comes in the morning and at night for dinner so what am I suppose to eat during that time?" Angelo questioned and O rolled his eyes while punching me in the chest and I handed over the bag I'd hidden.

"Cooking ain't that fucking hard, when I was your age I was cooking for myself and my little brother. Only lazy people don't try, you about to be seventeen learn some skills" O said before glancing at me as I was about to lick my fingers and he slapped my hand down catching me off guard, furrowing my eyebrows I looked at him and he slapped me in the face with the bag of chips.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I asked before licking my entire hand just to bother him. He glanced at the nacho bag he was holding before dropping it on the coffee table.

"My nephew told me about your nasty ass habits. Did you lick your hand and stick it back in the bag?" O questioned and I smiled to myself and nodded. He eyed me briefly before rubbing his temple and gathered up all of the snacks on the table, the donuts, pizza rolls we cooked in the oven, pop tarts and bags of chips.

"Get the fuck out of my house. Go kill or rob someone, something useful to my organization" O said dryly and I raised an eyebrow and remained in my spot taking it a step further by putting my shoes up on his white couch and he stopped in his tracks.

Without saying anything he dropped the snacks on the ground and reached for his gun. He didn't look up at me as he took off the safety and I quickly sat up and moved my feet. He kept the gun on me for awhile before slowly pointing it towards Angelo who was cleaning up the mess.

"Today has been aggravating and I feel like murdering someone. Don't fuck with me. By the time I get done with my shower I except to be home alone" Ohaji said quiet and calmly and I eyed him wanting to say something slick but nodded instead. He put the safety back on the gun before stepping over the mess he made.

Smacking my teeth I stood up and picked up everything he dropped before carrying it into the kitchen with Angelo carrying everything else. We closed up bags properly and put them were they belonged both afraid of the look O had in his eyes.

"What do you think happened to him?" I questioned and Angelo shrugged and grabbed a Gatorade before offering me one which I accepted. He picked up a set of car keys and hit the alarm once we got to the foyer.

Angelo opened the front door while I stood in the doorway about to take a sip of the red Gatorade when he gasped and grabbed me by my shirt yanking me down to the ground roughly  and I fell on my wrist.

"What the fu-!" I yelled out hearing the first round of bullets go off as the glass from the windows shattered. I kicked the front door shut with my foot and slide across the ground on the glass trying to remain low wondering who was doing the shooting.

I could feel my own blood draining from my body due to the glass cutting my arms. Looking back at my cousin he was hunched over and I kicked him with my foot. He looked up at me and held his thumb up signaling he was okay.

"O!" I yelled loudly hearing gunshots go off from upstairs and I was sure it was more than likely him shooting from the windows. Slowly I got up on my knees and crawled into the living room with Angelo army crawling behind me.

Checking the clip I had in my gun I pushed it back and shot at the black jeep. Men I'd never seen before were unloading rounds from various guns either trying to kill O or send some type of message.