(34) "Do The Right Thing"

Alijah Scott

I groaned as I looked at the TV so see who was at the front door. A woman dressed in heels and a short skirt kept ringing the door bell making me frown as I yanked the door open. We held eye contact for a while as she looked me over and smiled pursing her lips together. She was looking at me weirdly because I was still in lounging clothes.

"Is Jesse here? He told me to meet him here. I'm sorry are you like the house keeper or something?" she questioned with a sneaky smirk and I glanced at my husband who walked up behind me about to greet the woman when he saw the look I was giving him.

"Excuse me? I'm not going to argue with you because you look young as hell but I will drag your ass across the concrete and get rid of your body" I said glaring at her and Jesse pulled me back some letting the woman in.

"If your maid is going to continue to be rude I can take my business elsewhere" the woman said and Jesse quickly grabbed her arm stopping her from leaving as he gave me an irritated look.

"Why don't you go breast feed our child or something. If you want money for a nice wedding I suggest you suck up your insecurities and let me make this deal" Jesse said lowly and I stared at him in shock as the woman smiled at me like she won.

"That's if I don't divorces you first. Oh and since you didn't defend me you can take your ass to the couch tonight, bitch ass" I snapped walking away and he stared at me before turning back to the woman and they walked towards the kitchen.

"Yes let's finish that conversation from last night please!" She said loudly and I contemplated on going down stairs and fulfilling my promise of beating her ass but then I thought about bleaching his clothes instead.

My children were home and it wouldn't be a good idea. Shaking my head I went into the my bedroom and sat down knowing Ainsley would be waking up soon.

I paced the bedroom wondering why Jesse has to work with her of all people. I'd just given birth and I didn't feel beautiful and I was so insecure at the moment and he would make it worse by bringing some twenty year old woman who is obviously attracted to him over.

Made me feel like he was going to switch up for someone younger or something. "Hey mama the baby is asleep" Ajani said walking into the room only to pause when she saw me pushing my tears away, I noticed she looked kind of pale.

"I'm fine I promise" I tell her quickly forcing a smile and she nodded slowly and left out of the room closing the door behind her. Standing up I pulled my shirt off deciding to shower again and put on actual clothing just because.

I spent an hour in the shower calming down and relaxing, I wasn't even sure why I was upset. It's like after I gave birth my confidence dropped down to an all time low and even during the last stages of my pregnancy I got upset or cried if Jesse even looked at another woman even if it was just for a second or to be respectful when he was talking.

Getting out of the shower I closed the glass door behind me and I wrapped a towel around my body noticing Jesse was sitting on the toilet seat waiting for me. He startled me at first but when he saw me he shook his head.

"You gotta stop doing that. What she said was rude and petty and I let her know that and the fact that I was happy in my marriage. As my wife you shouldn't even care about some gyal who just turned nineteen that thinks she can run her fathers business all by herself, I'm giving her drugs to sell and that's it" Jesse said staring at me.

"Whatever, it won't happen again" I mumbled going to the mirror holding the towel tight and he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.