(19) "Not what It Seems"

Calvin Scott

I woke up to early morning banging on the front door. Lifting my head up slowly I pushed the covers off of myself and raised up out of the bed and put on my slides before grabbing my gun and exiting out of my bedroom in a bad mood, it was too early for this shit.

The only thing I had on were my boxers, socks and the slides on my feet. Pulling the door open roughly I eyed the person on the other side weirdly, he was some dark skin man with long dreads in his head and a young nigga standing beside him with an Afro who was holding a contract in his hands.

"Yes?" I questioned unlocking the gun and they shared a look with one another before down at the gun in my hands.

"We're apart of the Jamaican cartel, put down the weapon we didn't come for that just yet" the man said eying me and I lowered the gun keeping my finger on the trigger while looking at the both of them waiting for them to speak.

"So what's the hell is this about? Since when does Jesse send anyone to handle his business?" I asked and they shared a chuckle with one another before he scratched his chin where a goatee was growing.

"Our leader was shot last night and rushed to the hospital, he's fine now but your ties with us aren't" the younger one said speaking up as he looked at his long finger nails in a bored manor.

"What the fuck you mean? He thinks I shot him, he couldn't possibly be that stupid" I snapped only to get a gun shoved into my chest by the older man.

"He's a cartel leader so you will respect him. That isn't what he said but since he has no idea who shot him he feels as though for the time being all ties you have with him are cut until he can think straight and get to the bottom of it. You or your associates aren't allowed contact with his children and if you'd like to speak with Mrs. Powell arrangements will be made" the older one said with a smirk finding it funny.

His accent was so thick it was like he was fresh off the boat or something. I'd never seen him before which made the situation weird as fuck.

"Yeah whatever nigga, get the fuck off my property" I mumbled slamming the door in his face and hit the locks. I jogged back up the steps of my home and when I got to my bedroom I picked up my phone and dialed Zaire's number.

I listened to the phone ring as I went into my bathroom and cut the shower on already knowing I was going to have to go and see this nigga. I didn't know what the fuck was going on but shit was feeling weird.

"You need to get down to the hospital, Jesse talking crazy" Zaire answered and I sighed and leaned against my sink.

"He think I had something to do with him getting shot or some shit. You heard about that?" I questioned and he chuckled to himself.

"Look Cal I'm not saying you did it, but that hit came from somebody in our clique, those dead niggas work for us" he said and I froze.

"What the fuck you mean they work for us?" I questioned through gritted teeth. Somebody in power had to of made that hit and I knew it wasn't my father, he would of done the shit himself or at least said something.

"It means what the fuck I said they worked for us. Something shady is going on Cal you need to get here" Zaire snapped before hanging up the phone on me. I placed my phone on the counter before stepping into the shower.

I scrubbed my body down while thinking about what I was going to do. This shit was going to have to be handled delicately because if it wasn't some shit was going to pop off and we didn't need that, especially not right now.

Biting my lip I tried to think, it couldn't of been the Russians yet because they didn't even know Valentino was dead yet I planned on sending his body back to them soon though.