(4) "Back To Work"

Calvin Scott

Ajani engulfed me into a large hug as her legs wrapped around my waist. I laughed walking into the house with her attached to me and closed the door shut behind me.

"You was just so small, how this happened?" I questioned hugging her tightly. She laughed as I walked into the living room with her still attached to me.

"Damn welcome home Cal" Sincere pointed out and I slapped hands with him placing Ajani on the ground and headed towards the dining room where all the talking was going on. Everyone looked up and stopped talking when they saw me.

I'd gotten out early this morning and surprised Nicole at work and got my daughter out of school and picked my son up from daycare and we just chilled the whole day and had family time with Alex, I ain't leave until everybody fell asleep.

"Why didn't you tell me you were getting out, I could of got you" Darius said standing up and we slapped hands with each other.

After I greeted everyone I looked at all the kids. I'd never met Jesse's son Johan before, talked to him on the phone a few times but he probably thought my ass was a stranger.

"What's up lil Jesse?" I questioned pulling him into me and got this weird look on his face and hugged me back awkwardly.

"You worked with my fadda huh?" He questioned curiously and I nodded letting go of the hug. Shit was weird seeing Elias with a baby of all people.

"She don't look like you bruh" I pointed out looking at the lil girl and he and Moriah shared a look with each other before he clenched his jaw.

"Oh you ain't hear? This my step daughter" he pointed out and Alijah gave me a look wanting me to knock it off.

"Don't say that until you get a DNA test" she scolded him and he rolled his eyes handing her the baby and went over to his son who was eating.

"How's Nicole and the kids? Haven't seen her around lately" Marco pointed out and I sighed, I ain't know what was up with her she'd been trying to distance herself from the drug world.

"She just don't want to be involved with what we do that's all. Keep reminding her that it was my drug money that bought the house our kids are living in but she seem to forget that shit" I sighed and they shook they heads in disapproval.

Glancing at Alijah's stomach I noticed the button on her pants wasn't buttoned and her stomach was looking weird.

"You pregnant again huh? Hope with all the screwing y'all doing he stayed faithful" I remind pulling her into me feeling the small baby bump.

"As far as I know. A big reason he won't sleep around is because he won't have any protection and he said he could never hurt me by having a baby with somebody else. I know it sounds fucked up but it's nice in a Jesse way" she whispered and I laughed sounds like something that nigga would say.

"How's the cartel? When he get out you think they gon let him back over here?" I asked and she shifted.

"Well the Cartel is good but um the thing about him coming over here is the fact that he won't be allowed legally but that isn't going to stop him from coming he just as to stay low until we go back" she sighed and I frowned.

"You aren't staying? Thought this shit was for good" I questioned in disbelief and she tucked her hair behind her ear.

"I mean if the kids want to stay we will but it's not fair to them to force them to move from the island because they love it so much" she reminded and I nodded understanding.

I let her go before taking a seat at the table and looked at Moriah and Marco, the only person that was missing was Zaire but I knew he was probably working hard, I'd heard great things about him.