(15) "Prison Break Part 2"

Ohaji Scott

Using the pull up bar I pulled up my weight repeatedly trying to get a quick work out in. Sweat dripped from my brow as I continued not having anything better to do, I was still on lockdown and was lucky as fuck a guard even let me out.

"Mr. Scott, there's someone that would like to speak with you. You know a Damon Simms?" The guard that stood by the door asked me. I paused mid pull up and dropped down grabbing a paper towel to wipe my face off.

"Yeah I know him, why?" I asked not bothering to glance over my shoulder. Damon was a part of my fucked up past, I was a lil nigga when I met him. Fourteen to be exact and he worked over Big Al which is how I got involved with that dead ass nigga.

Damon was older and a cool nigga, Al didn't turn into the fuck nigga that he was until after he got locked up on murder charges. I was unaware the old nigga was still alive and kicking let alone locked up here.

"He requested we bring you to him, he's in his own cell not far from here" The guard said nervously like he was afraid to tell the man no. Grabbing my shirt I thought about it, I had nothing to loose I was about to break out this bitch in a few hours.

I put on my shirt and fixed my ID tag before walking out with the guard. We walked down the long corridor. I tucked my shirt in remaining alert knowing the only thing I had was the blade tucked into the right side of my mouth.

We got to a cell and I spotted Damon reading a book. I hadn't seen him since I was sixteen and he motioned for me to come in. Glancing at the guard I nodded and made him stand look out as I entered the cell.

"What the fuck you want with me?" I questioned leaning against the wall. He began to cough loudly like he had something in his throat.

"It's been awhile, how's my lil shorty Jade?" He questioned and I squinted my eyes at him looking him over.

"Old" I replied dryly and he began to laugh loudly like I'd just said the funniest thing in the world. For the first time since I'd walked into the cell I noticed a young man leaned against the other side of the wall in the corner.

He was staring at me emotionless as if he was trying to intimidate me and I nodded at him growing a smirk. He shifted and looked away from me folding his arms and I turned back to Damon who was watching us.

"This is my son Angelo, he's sixteen. They tried him as an adult and gave him two life sentences for those two cops he killed last year when he was only fifteen" Damon sighed shaking his head at his son.

"What the fuck that got to do with me? You wanted to talk so talk I got other shit I could be doing" I snapped and his son went to step to me but he quickly grabbed his shirt and pulled him down to the bed making him sit.

"I need a favor from you alright? We have history and I don't know if you remember or not but when you got locked up the first time who stopped you from being beat to death by those crips? That mouth of yours hasn't changed you may be grown but you still haven't learned you're to hardheaded like my son" Damon said looking towards Angelo.

"I ain't gon ask you again, speak or I'm about to walk out" I said looking into his eyes and he stood to his feet slowly using his son for support.

"I'm dying, my time is coming to an end real soon. Once I'm gone my son won't have any protection in here he's young and he has time to learn from his mistakes. I know you planned to break out I have ears everywhere and I want you to take him with you and watch out for him for me, I did nothing but good things for you especially your brother and this is the least you could do for me, he's my youngest and his mothers a guard she ain't no help" he said telling some fucking sob story.