(39) "All Falls Down Part 3"

Alijah Powell

"How are you feeling?" I questioned Ajani kissing her forehead. Her grip tightened on my hand and I smiled trying to be strong for her and not wanting to show how truly scared I was because the last thing I wanted was to scare her.

"I love you" I whispered and she smiled some more as I took in how pale she looked. I rubbed the side of her face and assured her she'd be fine and let her know that I'd be waiting for her as soon as surgery was over with.

"We found a healthy match the tests checked out okay. We're going to start prepping the surgery room" the doctor explained and I nodded. Organ donors couldn't be drug users of sick themselves, it was a very tough process but hopefully this was it and they could take her into surgery.

Jesse walked over and held his phone up so Johan could see her. He came closer to the camera and stared at his sister.

"Gyal I'm gonna pray for you and then go to sleep early. Maybe when I wake up in the morning you'll be better" Johan stated and Ajani closed her eyes. He got a sad look on his face as if he was scared he wouldn't see her again.

"Jo she'll be okay. You can come and see her tomorrow after surgery once things calm down around here and I'll be home later tonight with good news" I assure him.

I was breast feeding so Jesse would have to be the one that stayed with her during the night because I wasn't pumping enough to feed Ainsley a full day or night.

There was half a container of milk and enough for four small bottle so Darius should be fine watching the baby for now.

I glanced at Jesse who had hung up the FaceTime call and was watching Ajani rest her eyes. He pulled me into him and I rested my head on his shoulder not liking the feeling of being unsure.

"First Marco now this?" I questioned and Jesse turned me so I'd look at him. He leaned down and pressed his forehead against mine.

"Nothing is ever going to be perfect Jah. Every little thing that goes wrong isn't your fault, Ajani is to special to leave this earth and she still has a lot to do. All we can do is hope that every bad thing we've ever done isn't taken out on her. This isn't about us or our feelings this is about her, she wouldn't want you to cry it would only scare her. Okay?" Jesse questioned and I nodded pushing my tears before they could fall.

Sniffling I sucked my tears up and took a deep breath as he eyed me for a moment before taking a hold of Ajani's hand that seemed small compared to his.

Feeling someone tap my shoulder I turned around and looked at Kaine who was holding a bunch of papers in his hand and he looked at Jesse and I.

"Can I please marry your daughter? I wrote a six page essay and listed my best qualities that you guys probably didn't know I had. I plan to go to college eventually once I graduate and give your daughter breakfast in bed almost everyday and always tell her I love her. I promise to never hit her and if I yell I'll apologize repeatedly depending on what transpired. I also promise to never hurt her and to at least supply you both with four grand children in the near future, three boys and a girl in any order, we already talked about this" Kaine explained handing over the papers to Jesse and I chuckled.

"Did you do all of this in the last couple of hours?" I questioned and he nodded his head and smiled as Jesse looked him over.