(24) "Different Thoughts"

Ajani Powell

My body felt itchy all over making me scratch at my hand, my neck and my thigh. I felt a little stronger than the days before but still had barely any energy.

The itchy feeling didn't go away and I continued to scratch harder before feeling a presence in the room with me.

I slowly opened my eyes seeing uncle O was standing at the window of my hospital room. He glanced over at me before giving me a smirk as he moved from his spot and stepped closer to me taking a seat at the foot of my hospital bed.

Feeling around my body I felt numb and there was a lot of pressure on my chest, it was better than the pain so I didn't complain about it. Attempting to shift I felt something sharp and closed my eyes causing uncle O to help me.

"You said you knew how to save your fathers cartel, so tell me" he said glancing towards the doorway making sure nobody was going to come in. I stared at him confused for a moment before closing my eyes trying to think.

"Mm, Khan looks like my fadda, the guy I thought was Khan's father isn't it's my grandfather. He's using his feelings against him to make him do bad things, Khan's my uncle" I said quietly and he shifted some.

"What does this have to do with the cartel?" He asked and I placed my hand on my chest and struggled to open my eyes but they were so heavy.

"Because my dads fadda is using everyone and making them pawns trying to get back at my fadda. If I can show everyone that, it could go two ways, either they get really angry and side with my fadda or they don't believe me and my fadda has to kill them. Most men in our cartels don't have families and they start working for us really young so it's easy to brainwash them" I wheezed out and he made me pause and take deep breaths.

"Khan has a half brother named Kyle, he has nothing to loose. Our cartel is different than your organization they don't care if they live or die. They are around for one purpose and that's to put their life on the line and die for the cartel. My fadda was gon for a long time and my mama was in charge she's a woman so they didn't believe in her and my grandfather had already gotten to them but he couldn't kill my fadda in prison so he had to wait" I struggled out.

"And you think you can make it backfire on Roman?" He asked referring to my fathers dad and I nodded my head slowly.

"Let's be partners in crime, I'm bored" he said extending his hand and I smiled weakly and I shook his hand.

"Okay" I wheezed and he leaned down and kissed my forehead. I heard footsteps enter and slowly turned my head to the side taking in the familiar scent.

"I have to talk to her alone about something" Kaine said dryly and O rolled his eyes and stood up. He glanced at the both of us before smirking and walking out casually but not before he stopped in front of Kaine and whispered something lowly.

Kaine kept a straight face trying to seem unbothered as O left out with the same smirk on his face. Kaine reached into the bag and sat froyo in front of me.

"It's yorganic that's what they call it. It's healthy" he said quickly opening my spoon for me. I thanked him and tasted it before smiling to myself.

It tasted good, kinda like mint vanilla and I wanted something other than soup. Raising the spoon to Kaine's mouth he looked at me briefly before letting me feed him some.

"Don't get use to this treatment, soon as you get better this is stopping" he said and I scooped more yogurt into the spoon.

"Shut up and eat your ice cream" I said forcing yogurt into his mouth and for the first time not having to catch my breath.