(26) "Standards"

Moriah Scott

I stared at Marco growing annoyed, this whole situation was retarded but right is right and wrong is wrong and Calvin was wrong. I deeply care for my cousin and I realize that he's having a mental break down right now and I feel bad for him and I'll try and be there but it's stupid to try and point the finger at Jesse and blame all his problems on him. What for?

"How is Jesse wrong when Calvin did the same shit! Did he tell Jesse about the Russians when he linked with that cartel? Nope. Did he tell Jesse before he cut off all of his connects which in return made Jesse's cartel suffer? Hell no. So how the fuck is it a big deal now that Jesse is doing the same thing? He don't owe Cal shit and y'all need to stop gassing his head up that man is having a mental break down there is something wrong with him and attacking Jesse for doing the right thing and standing by his business isn't going to stop Cal from hurting!" Zaire snapped as we sat around at the meeting table.

I leaned forward on my elbows and took in his words. "I feel as though anyone who disagrees with Jesse is biased. Like Zaire said Cal is going through something right now, the man needs Jesus or something and he needs us to come together so stop picking sides. Picking sides does nothing but make people bicker back and forth and makes the conflict escalate more than it should. Bashing Jesse isn't getting your point across because at the end of the day if I wanna leave this organization and I decide it for myself I don't owe nobody a damn reason or an explanation because it's my life and it's my choice and I do what the fuck I want to" I said simply as I pulled out my phone.

"I also want to add that we treated Jah the same way and every time she got upset or complained nobody wanted to hear her out except a few of us. So how come since its Cal all of a sudden it's different? She shouldn't be brought into the situation period she's married and she's allowed to stand by her husband. A lot of y'all are acting like idiots and it's getting annoying" Zaire said and I agreed again.

"We also have to take into account that when Jesse leaves he'll have nothing meanwhile this organization has a cartel to fall back on and two other drug business" Darius pointed out.

" Yeah but I'm the bad guy even though I made sure y'all were good before I decided to leave. After how shit went down at my house last night y'all don't have to ever worry about doing business with me again, I planned on still keeping the weed connect we had but nah I'm a be selfish for once and tell everybody to kiss my ass" Jesse said standing up from the table and Marco chuckled.

"You won't be missed nigga, bye" Marco called after him and Jesse paused. He slowly turned around and glared at Marco who was smirking at him.

"You know what! Like your bitch ass said last night we don't have to pretend to like each other anymore!" Jesse snapped attempting to lunge at him but Elias got in between them.

"And like I told yo ass last night you not bullet proof nigga!" Marco shot back as he stood up to his feet and Jesse shoved Elias off of him.

"What does that have to do with anything you dumb fuck? Nobody is bullet proof, you act like I give a fuck I'll get your ass before you can get me. I got more street smarts than anybody up in this bitch! I'm willing to die for my cartel can you say the same for this organization!? Who am I suppose to be scared of nigga? You act like I won't run up on O he bleed like I bleed so what makes you think I won't murk ya pussy ass?!" Jesse yelled and Marco clenched his jaw.

Tilting my head slightly I took in Jesse's words. I wondered if I'd be able to kill him if I wanted to, he was like my uncle O both were loose cannons and unlike everybody else who would run and hide Jesse would actually engage in a shoot out for pure fun and entertainment.

That's another reason why I didn't want this war to happen. I wanted to be able to protect Cal and I couldn't do that if Jesse was the enemy. One of us would have to die and I couldn't guess the outcome. Both of us had a twisted mindset.