Chapter 3

Kol's POV

"No."

"But I haven't even asked yet."

"...Still no."

For the past hour, Davina has been trying to convince me to go on a double date with Kaleb and his older sister. There's two problems with that. 1.) I don't like the guy. 2.) I won't betray Astrid even in death. She means too much to me to do that. 

Sighing, my witch friend tries again. I'll give her this. She's very persistent when she wants something. 

"All you have to do is get a drink or two with Jamie. Nothing has to come out of it." Davina pleads, as I join her in sighing. "Please, Kol. I really like this guy. Even Aunt Val likes him."

If Valerie approves of him, that means something. She's pickier than I am about the type of people her niece hangs out with. It took the woman a while to warm up to me, even with her knowing Astrid. Nodding my head, I cross my arms.

"Fine. I'll go with you." I tell her, causing her to squeal in excitement. Before she can leave, I hold up one of my hands. "But I'll be watching you guys closely."

Davina nods and runs out of the church to go get ready. Oh lord, what have I gotten myself into now?

~~~

Why did I let Davina talk me into this? I'm bored out of my bloody mind. My friend at least has someone to talk to at her table, while I all I have is this whiskey to keep me company. Kaleb's sister still has not shown up yet due to an unknown issue. As I take another sip of bourbon, a familiar voice sounds from behind me.

"What are you doing here?" I hear the person say, before I turn around to see the girl from last night standing there. Great.

"I'm waiting for a date. My friend Davina set me up with someone." I explain, raising my eyebrows at the woman. 

She lets out a heavy sigh, before glaring at Kaleb over at their table. Turning back to me, the British woman rolls her eyes and crosses her arms against her chest. So this is the mysterious Jamie. 

"So you're Kol Mikaelson." she states, throwing her bag down onto the counter. After sitting down on the stool next to me, the woman looks me over. "You weren't what I was expecting."

"Ditto." I voice, taking another sip from my glass. Raising her eyes at me, Jamie calls over a bartender.

"Whiskey neat. Better yet, just bring the whole bottle. I'm gonna need it." she orders, keeping her eyes trained on me for the last part.  

There's something in her gaze that is familiar, but I can't place it. I'm obviously missing something, and I intend to figure it out. While she's waiting to get her drink, Jamie glances back at Davina and Kaleb.

"Well they seem happy." she mutters, as I turn to look over at them. My friend is laughing at something he said, slamming her hand down onto the table. 

I nod and turn back to the bar, before the slowest bartender in the world sets down a glass and bottle of Jack Daniels in front of my 'date'. Jamie faces forward again and grins at her alcohol.

"Finally. I was getting thirsty." she states, pouring herself a glass. I take another sip of my drink, as she places the bottle onto the counter. "So what's an Original Vampire doing in New Orleans? I thought your kind was exiled after the Guerreras took over."

I choke a little bit of my bourbon and take a moment to catch my breathing. What did she just say? 

"How do you-" I begin asking but am quickly cut off by the woman. Bloody hell! I can't get a word in edge wise.