Epilogue

Astrid's POV

I can confirm. Dying is still not fun, especially for the fourth time around. I don't know why I thought it would be. How are Kol and his siblings used to this shit?

Gasping awake, I begin breathing heavily, trying to calm my body down. After my breathing returns to normal, my eyes dart around the room, trying to figure out where I am. 

Well, I'm not on the Other Side, because that shit was destroyed. And there are no annoying witches near me, so I'm definitely not in the Ancestral Plane again. My eyes widen as I realize the last place I could be. Hell. It seems colder than I thought it would be. 

Sitting up from my spot on a stone slab, my eyes dart around the room before landing on a hidden figure in the corner. Noticing I'm awake, she steps out from her spot with a smirk on her face.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me!" I exclaim, rolling my eyes. "You already tortured me enough while I was alive, Elena. And now, I've got to deal with you for an eternity. Just fucking great."

My twin sister lets out a dark chuckle, crossing her arms against her chest. Her curly hair bounces up and down, as she slowly stalks closer to me. Narrowing my eyes, I realize something.

"You're not Tatia. And you're too normal to be Elena. Who are you?" I question the familiar woman, who stops right in front of me.

"We haven't officially met. I'm Katherine."