Chapter 35

Astrid's POV

Stupid Angry Birds! I thought it couldn't get worse after the Star Wars monstrosity was bad, but I was wrong. Now there's a racing one. If I wanted to play Mario Kart, I would've gotten that game.

Taking a quick sip of Jack Daniels, I start another round of the original game. Before I can attack the stupid green pig, I hear the bedroom door open behind me.

"Whatever it is you're planning...don't." I hear my brother-in-law state, shutting the door behind him. Placing my phone in my pocket, I take another sip of bourbon before acknowledging his ass. 

"He cursed me to die, Elijah. Slowly. In front of them." I mutter, turning around to face the vampire. "If nothing, I owe him for that."

"Perhaps." my brother-in-law mumbles, shrugging his shoulders slightly. "And perhaps the best revenge is to simply expel him from our lives altogether?"

Is he fucking kidding me right now? Ever since Finn was undaggered in Mystic Falls, all he has done is reek havoc in this family! Why the fuck should we give him the opportunity to do it all over again?

"I don't know if you've forgotten, but the second you undaggered him, he and Esther started trying to kill us!" I grit out, clenching my fist at my side to keep my powers at bay. "So, No! He doesn't get to live happily ever after!"

"I haven't made my final decision." Elijah states, raising his hand to calm me down. "I only ask that you stay your hand."

"That's not your decision to make!" I exclaim, shattering the glass of whiskey in my hand. Goddamnit! That's the second time today!

"Control yourself!" my brother-in-law demands, as I feel the ground shake beneath us. Realizing what is happening, his gaze softens, and an empathic expression appears on his face. "Unless you can't."

Regaining partial control, I stop the room from shaking and lean up against the wall to recoup. Cautiously stepping toward me, Elijah grabs one of the chairs and sits down. 

"I'd like to blame my anger on your douchebag of a brother, but it's been growing worse since I came back." I mutter, running my fingers through my hair. "Before I died, I thought I had it under control. That's over now."

"But you want it back?" my brother-in-law questions, as silent tears fill my eyes. 

"I couldn't live with myself if I hurt Kol. Or Jeremy. Any of you." I detail, letting out a soft chuckle. "But, hurting the ones we love, whether we mean to or not...that's just what we do, isn't it?"

Standing up from his seat, he cautiously approaches me, giving my shoulder a sympathetic squeeze. 

"It is who we are, but-" Elijah goes to say but is cut off from a scream downstairs. Knowing what's going on, I bite back a smirk, while my brother-in-law sports a confused look on his face. 

Instead of continuing his sentence, he rushes out of my room to go investigate. Shakingly standing from my spot on the ground, I follow after him to go watch the spectacle. This is gonna be fun.