prologue

Beyonce - Sandcastles

##########################################################################

Alexa

I never thought my life turned out like this. Never in my life want something like this to happen. I bet no one ever wants to. All my life, I only want happiness and a happy ending which later, I can tell my grandchild that my life is like a fairytale. I guess that will never happen then.

You guys might be wondering why I said this.

let me tell you.

As you know, I was married to Elijah Perkins for three years and we got divorced because he said he didn't want to hold any commitment at that time. So, he cheated on me and I caught him red-handed but he never shows any sign of guilty. Then, fast forward two years after that, he found out that I actually gave birth to his children and decided to come back into my life after he threw me away like a piece of trash. He never provided me anything, not even a single cent. I almost fell onto his trap again when he begged me to come back and live with him back. I can't believe if Thea is not there for me because there's part of me that I want him but there's also part of me that I hate him. He is my first love and we had so many memories together. I hate him so much for throwing me away but I don't know I just miss him whenever I look at Gabriel and Gabriella.

I always wonder what if he never makes that mistake?

But all of it was my past and I shouldn't go back to my past. Elijah will still be a cheater to me and forever. Even though he said to me that he changed and wants me back, I will never go back into his arm ever again.

That time, I was broken and lonely but then, I met Jared. The guy that actually opens my eyes that I can take care of my children even without their real dad. There's a lot of single mom who actually success to take care of their children alone. I am lucky to have my best friend, Thea and I was lucky enough to have Jared as my husband once.

My life after married to Jared was amazing. I can feel that he loves me and my kids so much. He treated them with love. Everything was perfect and just like how I want my life to be, but it is only last for twelve years of marriage until he decided to show his true color too. It's hard to believe at first but as the day passed, I start to believe it. Twelve years with him and I thought everything is fine until I'm old but God actually wants to test me once again. Jared Lanton is a doctor and he always had to go to the hospital late at night. I know it his duty and I've been dealing with him and that for ten years now. I don't think it is a problem for me and the kids since he knows how to make it up to us again. Married a doctor is not easy because they always have an emergency call. I understand that but Jared decided to take that as an excuse to do another thing. I trusted him so much and thought he would go to the hospital, but I was wrong. I was wrong about everything that I thought about him.

There's a part of me that wants to ask him but I don't want to ruin our marriage because of these matters.

Now, I am in the bedroom and get ready for the day. I will drop off the kids at school and then go straight to my office. "Bye kids, be good at school," I said to the twins. I am thankful that they actually want to go to the same school now.

"Bye mommy, see you at home. We love you," Gabriel said and I wave them goodbye then drive away. My babies are already grown up to be a teenager. Next year they will become a senior and then graduate from high school and then off to college leaving me. That is so sad thinking about how fast they grew up.

"Mommy, are you crying?" Helena my third child, she is 7 now.

"No, I'm not crying. I just happy to see all of you getting bigger," I said wiping my tears away from my face. I drop off her at school and bid goodbye to her. I then drive to my office. I have two children from my marriage with Jared. One girl and her name, Helena, and the youngest is Austin. I usually send him too but today he wants his dad to drop him off. I didn't argue with that though since Jared starts his shift a bit late this morning.

**********************

"Ma'am, are you okay?" My assistant, Hera asks.

"Yea, I'm fine. Why you ask?"

"I know there's something you hide from me. I know exactly how your face looks like when you have a problem. I worked for you for more than ten years. You cannot lie to me,"

"Everyhting is fine, Hera. I just thinking about my children. Whenever I dropped them off at school, I always sad when I think about them growing up, have their own life and then start a family, and so on," I said to her.

"I understand that. My sister has the same problems too when she saw her children growing up, she feels sad because thinking they will move away from her house and have their own life, " She said and I nod my head in agreement. "Don't think about it too much, Lexa. It will stress you out," I smile at her. "I will be in my place then. I still have work to do," With that, she walks away from my office and continues her work.

I lied.

I am not sad about my kids growing up. I am beyond happy about that actually. Seeing my kids growing up and have a good life.

I have one problem that been running through my mind since last week. It is about my husband. He has been acting weird lately and I can see that through his actions. I never want to make an assumption my him because I trust him so much.

What if this is all true?

How am I going to react to it?

He won't betray me like this, right?

We've been together for twelve years. It's hard to believe if he really did all this. There must be a reason for everything. I cannot make a bad assumption about him just yet until I find the real reasons for all of this. I love him so much. That's all I can say.

ring! ring! ring!

My phone ringing. I quickly pick it up. "Hello, do you get what I want?" I ask as soon as I answer it.

"Yes, Mrs, Lanton," He replies. My heart beating super fast right now. I hope the news will be false.

"Tell me everything is wrong,"

"Everything is ... true," I don't know what to say anymore. I am speechless right now.

"How long has it been?"

"It's almost four years, ma'am." He said and that's it. I end the call. I can't hear it anymore. I can't believe it, after twelve years.

Why Jared? Why did you do this to me?

Four years? It is a year after I gave birth to our son, Austin.

I thought I make a right turn but it turns out I made a wrong turn.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hello guys! it's been a while since I last updated about my books.

I am back now and this time, with the continuity of my first book. I bet all of you want to know more about Alexa and Jared's life. So, I decided to write it and stay tuned for the whole book!

As a reminder, If you searching for a sweet romance in this book, I am going to apologize to you because this is not a book for you. This book contains lots of conflict and drama about life and betrayal.

If you love to read more, don't forget to give it a vote and comment about what you think of this book by the end of every chapter.

I would love and excited to hear about your feedback.

Spread positivity and love. Thank you for your time that you spend reading my story.

The reason why I wrote this story because I got so many requests to write about Alexa and Jared's story. I will give my best to write this story.

happy reading everyone!

little munchkin,

xoxo