chapter 12

Jake Scott - Learning to love you

#######################################################################

Jared

-FLASHBACK-

*******************************************************

4 YEARS AGO

My wife, Alexa is pregnant with our second baby. I can't wait to see our baby boy. I am so happy that now, our family is growing. I can say we are happy since we got married. Alexa is six months pregnant and she keeps throwing up whenever I am close to her. The doctor said it is normal since pregnant women have quite weird allergies. This is one of them. They can't get too close to their husband. I found that very weird but what can I do? I only have to stay at least five feet apart from her. We can't sleep in one bed and not even in one room. That's all that happens when the pregnancy reaches four months. I thought It will disappear soon but I guess not too soon. The doctor said it will be like that for quite some time. I guess I have to be patient to get close to her. "Baby!" I am taken aback when I heard Alexa called my name. "Are you okay? You keep zoning out these days," She asks.

"I am not that fine. I miss to hug you and kiss you. When will I do all that?"

She laughs and I really love her smiles. They are mesmerizing. I can watch her smile all day. "I want that too but I don't want to keep throwing up. I am tired but I know it will disappear soon. Be patient okay?" She said.

"I am patient," I said to her sending her a flying kiss. She catches it. Then, my phone ringing ruins all the sweet moments with my wife. "Babe, it's the hospital. I need to go. I'll see you tomorrow,"

"You're not coming back for dinner?"

"I guess not but I'll try too. I need to get ready now. I love you, my queen," I send her another flying kiss and go get ready to get to the hospital. Being a doctor is hard because you can't expect the call from it. Even though you are on your day off, you have to expect a call from them. I am on my way to the hospital right now. Everything just seems like the other day. Helping people and more people.

************************************************

That night

'Alexa, baby, I am sorry seems like I have to have dinner outside. I have a patient to be taken care of tonight. I am sorry, baby,' Sent.

Beep!

'It's okay. I understand. Make sure you eat your dinner okay? Don't skip it. See you tomorrow? I love you,'

She replies.

'Alright my love. I love you more. <3' Sent.

I put my phone back into my pocket and continue my work.

***

"Hey Jared, you coming? We're going to dinner together,"

"I'll pass. Next time I will join you guys," I said and tonight I just want to be alone. I am so tired and I don't even have the energy to talk right now.