chapter 3

Ariana Grande - pov

#############################################################

Alexa

Two Months Later 

Since Gabriel and Gabriella on a school holiday, Elijah thought it would be perfect for them to stay at his house since he didn't meet the kids in a while. I agree with it because I know both of them miss their dad too. It's sad to be apart for quite some time but as long as they are happy and it's Elijah's turn to look after the children. "Dad's assistant going to pick you up tonight since your flight at 11 pm, it is okay?" I ask them.

"Mom, we are big enough to go without an escort like that. It's not like this is our first time to be on board. Besides, it's only New York, not London. It's not that far," Gabriel said.

"Excuse me, mister, you're only 17 not 18 yet. I will let you all go on your own once you turn 18. For now, dad's assistant will be your escort," I said and that's true. I don't trust my children to go there alone and onboard when it is just them. For me, they still my babies. Their safety is my priority. It's better when Elijah feels the same too. 

"I mean, I'm okay with it but you know dad right? His assistant is not just one, but there are four or maybe more. We're not celebrities or anything. No one will kidnap us," Gabriella said. 

"Don't say that. Better be cautious before it's too late. We love you,"

"Mom, okay, okay. It's not like we hate it. We are fine with it. Don't make a face like that, we're sorry." 

"I won't. Now, go and pack your things. You have only 4 hours before your flight," I said and they both get up and went upstairs to pack their clothes and stuff. As usual, Jared is not home yet and he will miss dinner as always. I wonder if he is really busy at the hospital. Sometimes, I feel suspicious towards him but It's not that good to feel like that towards your husband but I can't help it. He has been acting quite weird for the last two months.

 Always got late-night call or messages.

Always spend the night at the hospital.

Always got home late.

I wonder what is he hiding behind me. I need to find out what is he up to. I don't want to act nosy towards his job but I am busy too but I always there for him and the kids. It's like he been distant from us. "Mommy, can we go to the park?" Out of a sudden, Austin comes to me and asks me that. 

"Baby, it's 7 pm already. What about we go tomorrow?" He pouts and I know he is sulking right now. It's weird because he never asks me to go to the park at night though. "Alright, why don't we go and get some ice cream?" I ask and of course, it works. 

"Mom, can I go too?" Gabriella comes into the living room. 

"Sure you can. Why don't we all go and have some ice cream?" Helena and Austin are jumping in excitement. It's been a while since we all go out and spending time together. "Ella, do you finish packing your clothes?" She nods and I smile at her. 

I grab my bag and car keys then we all left the house. You know the chaos when there are two kids with you. Yeah, Austin is excited for some reason and Helena just follows him and they both starting to running around and even in the car, they both are just full of energy. 

************************

The next day

I wake up to see that Jared is sleeping soundly next to me. He probably just got home this morning since he looks like he just got home. I look at the time, it is 7 in the morning. I get off of the bed and went to take a shower. I feeling nothing this morning. I usually feel like this when I sent off Gabriel and Gabriella to New York. I miss them already. After I finish taking shower, I walk to the walk-in closet and pick the outfit for today. I pick a beige knee-length skirt and wear a white blouse. I tuck it in and make it neat. I love this kind of outfit because it is comfortable and simple yet looks elegant to me. I put my hair in a ponytail and do my everyday makeup look. I look at myself in the mirror and did eye contact with myself. I can't believe I'm in my mid-30s already. I always look at myself like this and wonder how did I come this far in life. I've been through a lot in life and now, I actually have my own family and I gave birth to four children. They all are healthy and they all getting bigger now. 

I have a loving husband and we've been married for twelve years. I never think someone will stay with me that long. We were happy and still in love with each other. I don't think our love will be gone. Our family rarely got into a fight or misunderstanding. I can say we are a happy family but these days been quite different since we actually got a few problems and Jared also been acting weird day by day. I take a look at myself for the last time before walkout from the walk-in closet. I look at him still sleeping. I walk towards him, "Babe, good morning," I said waking him up. He moves a bit then went back to sleep. "I'm off to work," I said to him expect him to wake up and give me a kiss or hug before I leave. 

"hm, see you, babe," He said with his eyes close tight. I smile at it and kiss his cheek. I feel bad for waking him up. So, I decided to let him continue to sleep. 

"Good morning!" I was greeted by Helena and Austin who is having their breakfast. 

"Morning, my angels. You both surprised me today. Is there anything that happens?" I look at them and Sandy smiles at me. I surprised because both of them usually will be grumpy when their brother and sister are not here but not today. 

"They said to me that they excited to go out with Mr. Lanton today," Sandy said and I raise my eyebrows in confusion. "I don't know if it true or not but yeah," 

"I see, well okay then. I guess it's true since Jared is home today. I will call him later," I look at the time and it almost 8 o'clock. "Helena, Austin, mommy need to go to work already. Come and give me kisses," I said and they both run towards me. "I love you both, be good and listen to Sandy," They both nod their heads. 

"Mommy, you be safe too, love you," I kiss Austin's forehead and then Helena's. I wave goodbye and left the house. 

After I got into my office, I suddenly got an urge to make something I never want to and never thought I would do it, especially to my husband. I grab the office phone to call my assistant, Hera to come in. " Yes ma'am? Do you want tea? Coffee?" 

"Neither, Here. I need your help," I said and she closes the door and sits at the chair in front of me. 

"What it is, Alexa?" I look at her and feel unsure whether to tell her or not about this. "I know you have something in your mind and I think you want to let it out to me?" 

"I do... I just... I don't know if I should tell you or not because I don't even know if my feeling is right or not," I said. 

"You can tell me everything, I will listen to your problem and you know that,"

"I suspect Jared is having an affair behind my back," I let it out to her and I can see her eyes widen. " I know you might be surprised to hear this but I can't help it since he always got home late, and got the suspicious late-night calls. I know I shouldn't doubt his loyalty towards me but you know, I've been in this situation before where-" She cuts me off.

"Yes, I understand. So, how do you need my help with?" 

"I need you to hire a private investigator to look up the information. I need to make sure my assumption is false," I said to her. I know I am going to regret this but I need to find the truth. I cannot live like this anymore. I don't like to suspect anything from me doing something bad behind my back. I want my marriage to be safe. 

if possible.

______________________________________________________________________________

Hello, I am telling you sorry from the bottom of my heart since I took so long to update this chapter. I just had my interview and I need a break a bit before updating this story. Now everything is settled. 

I am back and this story will be update everything four days. So, stay tuned and keep reading. Thank you for your patient. I love you all!

xoxo