chapter 29

Kehlani - Altar 

###########################################################################

Hello guys! I am here to say that this is the last chapter of this story. Hope you guys are having fun reading this whole story. Happy reading!

###########################################################################

Alexa

I got the phone call and it is from an unknown number. At first, I don't want to answer it but it keeps calling me and calling me. I am now at my office doing some important stuff for my fashion show in three months. Whoever calls me, it's better to be important. "Alexa Johnson speaking," I pick it up. "W-WHAT?!" I get up from my chair and grab my handbag. 

"Ma'am, where are you going?" My assistant asks.

"Cancel all my appointment for today and tomorrow too. Don't call me if this company didn't face any bankruptcy," I said to her and run towards the lift. 

I can't believe this. This is so weird and I don't know how to feel. This cannot be real. I am hoping for him to be dead but I never meant dead for real.

'Jared Lanton has been found dead at his house this morning, ma'am.' 

The sentence that I never thought I will be hearing. This must be something wrong and I know he didn't die for real. He can't be dead. Helena and Austin still need him to be his dad. They are too young to be in this situation. I know I should have been happy since he is gone forever because the hatred in me still going on. It's just, I just saw him like two days ago and everything is just fine and I don't see anything suspicious around his house. It cannot be that Hera is the one who killed him. 

Wait...

Hera!

What happens to her? Did she die too? what happens to the baby? Or.. she is the one who killed Jared...

I drive as fast as I can because I need to see it with my own eyes. I have so many questions playing in my head right now and it's stressing me out. I need to calm down for a bit. 

"I am Alexa Johnson. I was told that Jared Lanton was murdered?" I ask the officer once I arrived at the hospital. 

"Hello, Alexa Johnson, I need you to come with me to answer a few questions," Oh, now I am the suspect? Or what? 

"Are you suspecting me?" I ask the officer. There's no way I am being the suspect of killing him. I do have the intentions but I would never do that because I still have a brain to think of the consequences. 

"The suspect already turn himself in. I just need to ask you a few questions. Do you mind?" He gestures me to follow him to go a bit far from the other officers. 

"Um, may I know who is the suspect? Do I know him?" It is a guy. Which means, Hera is dead too? Ugh! I needed the answers!