chapter 5

eagles - lyin' eyes 

#########################################################################

Alexa

After six months of fighting with my inner self, I finally will get the answer today. I drop the children at the school like usual. After I arrived at my office, I went straight to my room and feel nervous and everything. I don't know how I am going to describe my feeling right now. I just don't like this feeling. 

This feeling is killing me inside. I feel like I want to throw up what I had for breakfast this morning. I take out my phone and put it on the table. Then, I heard someone is knocking at the door. "Come in," I said and there she is Hera. 

"Ma'am, are you okay? You look pale" My assistant, Hera asks.

"Yea, I'm fine,"

"I know there's something you hide from me. I know exactly how your face looks like when you have a problem. I worked for you for more than ten years. You cannot lie to me,"

"Everyhting is fine, Hera. I just thinking about my children. Whenever I dropped them off at school, I always sad when I think about them growing up, have their own life and then start a family, and so on," I said to her.

"I understand that. I sometimes have that feeling too but I quickly recover it. It is sad to think about all that but that's life. You cannot be sad forever, right?" She said and I nod my head in agreement. "Don't think about it too much, Lexa. It will stress you out," I smile at her. "I will be in my place then. I still have work to do," With that, she walks away from my office and continues her work.

I lied.

I am not sad about my kids growing up. I am beyond happy about that actually. Seeing my kids growing up and have a good life.

I have one problem that been running through my mind since last week. It is about my husband. He has been acting weird lately and I can see that through his actions. I never want to make an assumption my him because I trust him so much.

What if this is all true?

How am I going to react to it?

He won't betray me like this, right?

We've been together for twelve years. It's hard to believe if he really did all this. There must be a reason for everything. I cannot make a bad assumption about him just yet until I find the real reasons for all of this. I love him so much. That's all I can say.

Finally, I finish both of my meetings and the time is already 4 p.m.. I sit on my chair and take a deep breath. "Here is your tea, ma'am," Hera walks in and places the tea on the table. "You seem to be distracted by something. I can see your face," 

"I'm just tired,"

"You think about something else right? Not about your kids isn't it?" I look at her and let out a sigh. "It is about your husband?" She asks softly and I nod my head. "Well, I know he won't do it. Everything must be a misunderstanding. You're going to be alright,"

"I don't know. I hope so too,"

"I know you want to be alone now. I will be at my place if you need me," With that, she left the room leaving me alone thinking about all this. I've been thinking about it the whole day. 

*********

ring! ring! ring!