Chapter 44

Nila

Hearing the word 'pa' from Nakshu words made both of us in tears. Most were Daksh. He was literally crying and kissing all over her face. A smile made into my face. How a simple word 'pa' can make a man go into bonkers. Only if my father was with me. Only if they were with me to tell me how naughty I was in childhood. 

Only if I had a perfect family.

Not wishing to ruin my perfect family time, I took Nakshatra in my arms. This man will make her sick by crying. This was the Daksh whom I'm in love with. Still, the same one, crying for silly things, jumping on seeing his favorite food, becoming a child with a baby. Only he can be. My thoughts broke when I heard a whimpering sound. I looked down to see my daughter's eyes misted with tears.

"Stop crying Daksh, if you cry, she'll start crying." I chided him and consoled the little one in my arms.

"She called me 'pa' Nila, and how can I not cry." He replied whilst hiccupping. He's such a baby, I tell you. Shaking my head, I stood, and walked towards the hall, placing Nakshatra on my waist. Making her sit on her, I placed the baby food in front of her.

"Now let's have some mum-mum." I cooed at her.

"Can I feed her?" Daksh asked me whilst standing behind her high chair. I wanted to give in, but the mess these would make made me not give in.

"No."

"Please, I'll feed her."

"No, you're not."

"Why not?" I started feeding her, ignoring his question. My baby had the food without making herself messy. After I finished feeding her, I smiled a sarcastic one at Daksh.

"This is the reason why I don't let you." 

..... 

Nakshu was sleeping in the bed with the pillows guarding her. I sighed looking at the couple opposite my house, playing happily with their children. Will my daughter ever be happy like this? What will I tell her once she questions about her father?

 I silently wiped my tears away. I need to be strong for my daughter, no matter what! A squeal escaped my lips when two arms around my waist. 

"What are you thinking about?" A sigh escaped my lips when Daksh pulled me to his chest and laid my head on his shoulder. He kept his chin on my right shoulder and kissed my head side.

"What will I answer Nakshu when she's asks about her father?"

"Well, I'm still her father, but if needed we'll tell her the truth."

I just hummed in response. One day I need to tell her the truth, everything about her. I hope she won't get mad at me or stop loving me. Daksh released me from the hug and turned me around. A frown made into his face when he saw me crying.

"Baby, why are you crying?"

"What if she hates me once she gets to know the truth Daksh? I won't be able to live seeing her hate me." 

I cried into his chest, and he tightened his hold against me. Daksh continued to whisper sweet nothings to me. 

"Trust me, she won't hate, instead she'll love you more."

"How can you be so sure?" I mumbled into his chest.

"Because I'm her Appa." He chuckled, I playfully punched him and smiled. "Okay now. I guess we have some pending things to talk about." He said, and I sighed. Walking inside we sat on the floor leaning against the wall, with Daksh holding my hands.