Chapter 10

Sharav Ahuja

Hiding behind a car, I saw the four of them squatting on the pavement. Matt was scribbling something and passed a single sticky note to Navya, whilst she started pasting them on the car's boot. She started sticking all colors of sticky notes, whichever Matt was passing her.

She's one hell of a crazy girl. Jeremy and Aaron were spraying on the top of the car. If it was my car, I would have murdered them right now, 'cause my car is my love. As if it's not enough they bandaged the whole car with the tissue rolls.

You have to be kidding me, right? 

Lucky for them, the place where we are isn't crowded. Meaning to say the road is deserted. But the car, it was totally looking like a— what a car out of a kid's coloring book. I gasped at their so-called masterwork.

After they had done their work, they cleaned up the mess and headed to their car, whilst walking I saw Navya calling someone. I think that person's reply made her happy that she hugged the boys. I scowled at her actions. 

Then they settled themselves in the car and started driving. Like a lost puppy, I kept following them. Again they were back to their regular niche spot. I was sitting in one of the tables and hid my face behind the menu.

It's stupid I know!

Suddenly I heard some giggling sound followed by laughter. Searching for the source my gaze stopped at her. It was Navya who was laughing. Her laugh was so pure. How cute, beautiful she's looking while laughing. She's looking so innocent like a baby while she's laughing. 

Will I be able to keep her like this? Always a laugh on her face? It's wrong for me to think that I can keep her happy, how foolish of me. She's better off without me. I deserve no happiness. My eyes misted on their own, I wiped the tears away and stood from my place. Looking at her beautiful face for one last time, I exited the café. I was about to open my car when I heard her voice calling me.

"Why are you running away Sharav?", I closed my eyes on hearing her.

You thought you're a genius that you could get away from her, my devil snapped at me.

I just exhaled out loudly. "No, I'm not. What makes you think that I'm running away?", I asked her back. She just shrugged her shoulder in response.

"I don't know. But you should tell me, 'cause you kept following me till now. You even saw the stunt I pulled. You kept looking at me, by hiding behind the menu card. I don't know why you left the café suddenly. So I guess it should be you who's supposed to answer me", she replied to me. 

Ugh! What did I get myself into?

"Oye! You can go back to your stupid dreamland after answering me", she snapped at me.

Whoa! She's impatient!

Regaining my composure before she can snap at me again I answered her. "Nothing", I just shrugged at her.

"Okay then. But please don't stare at some girl because it creeps that girl out. And also don't stalk her too", she replied to me and started walking. 

Come on, man speak to hear listen to me, my heart begged me, whilst my devil mind kept bouncing no.

Then I remembered Viren's words, "Listen to your heart this time. Not your mind". So this time I listened to my heart. Thinking this is the best, I called her.

"Navya, wait a minute!".

👣

Navya Tandon